Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattiowa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
On all my macs that are on Sonoma (version 14.3.1), both the Music and TV apps no longer show the number and name of active devices. In the old days, I would click the "Account" Menu option, then "Account Settings..." and then a window would open up named "Account Information" that would show, among other things, the number/name of devices showing how close to the 10 device limit I was. Now the list of number/name of devices is completely gone. The employees at the Apple Store said I just needed to upgrade my software but that didn't fix anything.

Does anyone else have this issue?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
On all my macs that are on Sonoma (version 14.3.1), both the Music and TV apps no longer show the number and name of active devices. In the old days, I would click the "Account" Menu option, then "Account Settings..." and then a window would open up named "Account Information" that would show, among other things, the number/name of devices showing how close to the 10 device limit I was. Now the list of number/name of devices is completely gone. The employees at the Apple Store said I just needed to upgrade my software but that didn't fix anything.

Does anyone else have this issue?
I see the same thing on two different computers running 14.3.1 and both incorrectly report that "One machine is authorized to play content purchased with this account."

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I found a solution that worked for me today. Try this:

In the Music app, select Account > Account settings...

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.54.29 AM.png

The account settings will open in a dialog and will not show computer authorizations. Click "Change country or region"

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.54.47 AM.png

The dialog will go away and the settings will open in the main Music window. Since we don't really want to change anything, select "Go back"

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.55.36 AM.png

Now you are back at the account settings, but in the main window rather than a dialog. In this main window view, the computer authorizations are visible. I was able to deauthorize all from here.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.55.49 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.