Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

I think threads should be broken down by Episodes. Right now there are only 3 episodes for most. So I labeled these and the threads as Episodes 1-3 spoiler threads. But when Episode 4 comes out, I think that should have its own thread.

Dickinson has a full season though.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This is a great idea! I’m going to make a wiki post in the Community thread for TV series other than AppleTV+. When a wiki post is established can anyone in the forum add to it? I ask because although it looks like I can edit the first post, it says you need appropriate permissions.

And do wiki posts get put on the top of the list or must be stickied to end up there? I think it greatly helps the effectiveness if such a thread is stickied. My plan would be to establish a master thread like this one that includes sub sections for each of the major distributors of shows such as Netflix, Amazon, HBO, CBS, etc or just make it a single alphabetical lists and ask that anyone who adds to it to include the network it is on.

Personally I’ve found that a single thread for a series is simpler to keep track of than establishing multiple threads for the same series to discuss different episodes. The reason is that not all episodes will be comment worthy, and that participants might want to discuss story arcs, not just limited to a particular episode.

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
“appropriate permissions” are registered users with I think 5 posts minimum, so pretty broad.

I guess my thought about episode threads is it’s otherwise hard to participate if you haven’t seen all the episodes.
arn

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Is there any information out there as regards the release date associated with the second season of SEE TV series?

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Anyone have an idea on when Foundation will be released?

Latest official news is:

"Throughout the year, Apple TV+ will also premiere new stories from the world’s biggest storytellers, including “The Mosquito Coast,” “Lisey’s Story,” “Foundation,” “Schmigadoon!,” “Severance,” and “Pachinko,” as well as new seasons of returning favorites like “The Morning Show” and “See.”"

From here: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021...-and-connect-the-world-in-unprecedented-year/

Reactions: grahamwright1

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Latest official news is:

"Throughout the year, Apple TV+ will also premiere new stories from the world’s biggest storytellers, including “The Mosquito Coast,” “Lisey’s Story,” “Foundation,” “Schmigadoon!,” “Severance,” and “Pachinko,” as well as new seasons of returning favorites like “The Morning Show” and “See.”"

From here: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021...-and-connect-the-world-in-unprecedented-year/
That same para refers to "Looking ahead to early 2021..." and lists other shows so it seems Foundation will not be early this year. I hope it comes out before my free subscription ends in July ?

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
The episode designations are NOT strict right? It looks like we're discussing beyond those constraints (e.g. Dickinson is slated only for the first 10 episodes/1st season, but we're now at 3 full seasons now and gone to talking past s01)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.