Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corsair.Noir

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
My Ship
I thought that I read some people were having problems getting certain cameras to connect. Maybe it was user error and not a limitation of the kit? Just wanted to check about that before I made a purchase.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
from Apple's support site document, Using the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it says:
"iPad Camera Connector supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) and Mass Storage Device protocol"

AFAIK most if not all recent digital cameras support at least one or the other of these USB transfer methods.

for example if your camera shows up on your computer like an external drive when you connect it via USB, then your camera supports Mass Storage Device protocol, and it can be connected to the iPad with the CCK.

of course if your camera uses SD or SDHC cards, no need to connect the camera directly to the iPad. those Cards can be read directly with the 2nd adapter included in the CCK (but not SDXC - see same support doc for info)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.