Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hi there.

Has anyone else noticed this...

If you have the list view toggled for your calendar, the calendar widget only shows one event for the day even if you have multiple events scheduled.

However, if you have the calendar in "normal" view, it does show all the events.

I prefer the simple list view. The stretched out day calendar with the blocks takes up more space and it's sloppy in my opinion.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well. If you understand let me know if you've noticed this. Kind of bummed as I love the list view
Calendar widget.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you switch to timeline view and then back to list view it will show all of the day's events and not just the next one, but just for today, you'd need to do it all over again tomorrow to show all of that day's events. Seems like this changed at some point in iOS 9. I ended up switching to another calendar widget partially because of it.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
If you switch to timeline view and then back to list view it will show all of the day's events and not just the next one, but just for today, you'd need to do it all over again tomorrow to show all of that day's events. Seems like this changed at some point in iOS 9. I ended up switching to another calendar widget partially because of it.

Yes, I did know that and forgot to mention that work around. If I have any time this weekend, I'll submit a bug report to Apple in case someone hasn't yet.

By the way, which widget are you using now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.