Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erichui84

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Hi guys,

So my Listen for "Hey Siri" stopped working, and it appears that it might have been after I have used my new AirPods pro but I am not sure (I only got them few days ago and I have tried to search for an answer and I saw a few thread about this showing up, but didn't really get an answer)

I have an iPhone X and it seems that my Listen for "Hey Siri" has stopped working, which I use a lot. If I press the side button to trigger Siri then everything still appears to work.

Now I have tried to toggle off and on the Listen for "Hey Siri" settings, but I cannot actually have it switched back on, as when O try to setup "Hey Siri" it will fail to listen to anything at all. I have tried to do this while connected to a wired headset but it tells me to unplug it. If I connect my AirPods, then it will work.

I did try to unpair my AirPods and I still can't get it to work either. I have tried to do a restart and also reset network settings neither works (I haven't done a reset all settings and restore to factory yet, I hope I don't have to until the very last moment)

Anyone else have similar issues? From my observation it doesn't seems like a microphone issue, otherwise Siri wouldn't be working if I trigger it using my side buttons.

Thank you in advance

erichui84

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Just realised there is a different section for help needed (iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting). Maybe I have posted in the wrong forum... anyways of moving it?

erichui84

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
I did more research and turns out the front-facing microphone wasn't working properly. I did testing as advised by someone, by recording a front facing video and there wasn't any sound being recorded. Gave it a quick clean with some alcohol and it seems to be working now.

Louiss97

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2020
Choose the “Reset all settings” option in your iPhone’s settings and then pair your AirPod Pro with it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.