Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applesaab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
I have a stock G5 I just got last year, its got 512, and 2x 2.5ghz cpus I also have the 23 inch apple display I would like to sell with it. Anyone know about what I should be looking to get for this, and what would be the best place to sell it?

Thanks.

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2003
Applesaab said:
I have a stock G5 I just got last year, its got 512, and 2x 2.5ghz cpus I also have the 23 inch apple display I would like to sell with it. Anyone know about what I should be looking to get for this, and what would be the best place to sell it?

Thanks.

Try the marketplace on here.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Go onto eBay and do an Advanced Search for Closed auctions, searching for G5 2.5 or G5 Dual

Pick the auctions that resulted in a sale, with goods as similar to yours as possible. that will give you a range of prices. Don't sell the monitor and G5 together, you'll get more for them unbundled.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
If you live in a major metropolitan area like NYC, LA, or san fran, it's worth trying to find a local buyer on craigslist. It's free and easy to use... no registration required. Just make sure you "anonymize" your email address, otherwise you will get a lot of scam emails. The good thing about craigslist is since the buyer doesn't have to pay shipping and the seller doesn't have to pay ebay fees or deal with packaging, etc, you can sell it at a cheaper price and still make the same amount of money.

Your second option, of course, is ebay. You might have trouble getting a good price for it though if you don't already have an account and some positive feedback. it looks like the going price for your machine will be around $1500-$1600.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.