Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charles_Baudelaire

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
Santiago, Chile
Hi, everyone!

After a long rung of trial and error, the success arrived: running El Capitan in my old (unsupported) Macbook 2,1… but with a little (or big) issue.

I can't manage to find a guide to do this, so maybe it has to be done manually.

During the installation the program asked to do the migration of user configuration and applications. As having too much information in the original Lion partition, selected what was more important… skipping documents or folders in desktop which can be copied manually.

Sadly after a very long time my computer just shot down, at first it seemed it was dead… but no, after a while it was possible to turn it on again. So, in order to pass that step, just skipped the migration.

So, tried to do the migration with the assistant… but the screen went black after opening the utility and had to restart.

Is there away to manually copy this configuration, like the bookmarks on safari or the items in the dock all the other little settings? I guess there is, but maybe all the data is in hidden partitions… and the cmd+shift+. doesn't seem to work here in Lion.

Thank you very much for your time, patience and suggestions.

I'll appreciate!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.