Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patearrings

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Do any of you guys know if little snitch 4.6 still works with Monterey?

When big sur was released, LS 5.0 came out specifically for Big Sur, but 4.6 still worked once you enabled the kernel extension via a fix that objective development themselves gave on their website here: https://www.obdev.at/support/littlesnitch/245913651253917

Do any of you know if this still works or will i need to purchase LS 5?

Many thanks!

patearrings

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Installed Monterey, the answer is NO, LS 4.6 no longer works, you will need to upgrade to LS 5.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I confirm !
LS 5.3 is working fine
Reviving the somewhat old thread.
Can you still confirm it works fine?
I've been using LS since OS X Lion and always been very happy with it.
Not so with latest two macOS-es, that have changed the underlying architecture.
For me, LS no more remembers the rules or despite granting/denying a connection, keeps asking about them repetitively.
Whats even more annoying - it does the same for long terminated processes! Adobe Acrobat Updater is one example of persistent zombie.
I have made sure these processes are not running in temporary sandboxes, that was explained in OBDev blog. They are in Applications folder and even have the same PID. But LS keeps annoying me with asking the same permissions for same PID, IP address and port over and over again.
Anyone else observing the same?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Reviving the somewhat old thread.
Can you still confirm it works fine?

Little Snitch 5.3.2 working here with macOS Monterey 12.2

Micro Snitch 1.5 also working but stays on all the time when using Sound Source - which it did not do on Mojave

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.