Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
Tried to uninstall LS. Restarted. Ever since my WiFi connects but shows the exclamation mark, it seemed although I wasn’t getting an ip from router so I logged into the router w my phone and saw it had designated an ip for the MacBook so copied that in manually- computer now says it’s connected (green light) but won’t work (still ! on WiFi logo in menu). I also can’t join my phones tethering - nothing will work.
Have tried deleting prefs files.
Replaced hosts file w the default
Reset pram
...nothing. Never a problem until I uninstalled LS
Any ideas ?

Reactions: CafeNevosa

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
If that does not work try reinstalling macOS Catalina over your existing Catalina you won't lose you app-data etc but might fix the wifi

CafeNevosa

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
Tried to uninstall LS. Restarted. Ever since my WiFi connects but shows the exclamation mark, it seemed although I wasn’t getting an ip from router so I logged into the router w my phone and saw it had designated an ip for the MacBook so copied that in manually- computer now says it’s connected (green light) but won’t work (still ! on WiFi logo in menu). I also can’t join my phones tethering - nothing will work.
Reset pram
Any ideas ?
I’m having the same issue, did you get a resolution?

Wifi works fine on my windows 10 boot camp install, not on macOS.

I can connect to my network devices via wifi (My unraid NAS and router), but it won’t assign an IP and gain internet access on MacOS.

Attempts to resolve
-
Upgraded from Catalina 10.15 to Big Sur 11, nothing
- Made a new network location in System Preferences > Network as Heralds suggested above

I might try reinstalling little snitch and uninstalling again on Bigsur.

Saesch

macrumors newbie
Reset pram
Any ideas ?
Hi,

ran into the same issues. Currently on Ventura.
Solved the problem when removing Little Snitch Filter. Go to System Preferences>Network>VPN> remove the Little Snitch filter from List.

Best regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.