Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Music Event takes place today at 10am PDT (1pm EDT).

[*]Apple Retail Stores will be showing the event live in select stores.
[*]Satellite Dish owners can tune in at these coordinates
[*]Live web coverage will take place here on MacRumors.com
[*]Live coverage and discussion will also take place on our Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Channel. Those unfamiliar with IRC may download our Mac OS X MRChat1.0.1 client (800k) which will automatically connect you to the proper channel. More advanced IRC channel users may use server: irc.krono.net, channel: #macrumors, #macrumors2 or #macrumors3. #macrumors will be "moderated" during the live event, with all coverage relayed automatically to #macrumors2 and #macrumors3. Those channels, however, will remain open for general discussion.

Remember to read the most recent rumors... a number of interesting items have popped up on the past 24 hours:

[*]Apple's iTunes Music Store and Pepsi?
[*]'iPod: Hot Accessories!' Confirmed.
[*]iTunes 4.1, iPod Peripherals - Mic and Image Card Reader?

MacRumors readers have also put together a list of recommended iTunes songs that may interest both old and new users of the iTunes Music Store.

Update: iTunes Music Store is down.

Article Link: Live Apple Music Event Coverage

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
looking forward to it, I want some new ipod stuff so xmas will be fun :)

hobbes3113

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2002
NYC
Anyone know if the SOHO store will be covering the event? I can't imagine they wouldn't...:)

Edit: Never mind. I just found out they will be.

mattevil

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2002
so for right now its no webcst right? i remeber alittle while ago when msnbc carried it in windows mdia blech.

JayBee

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2003
Originally posted by Stike
Do I get that right, this is 19:00 CET? (18:00 GMT)
Come on dudes - you've all got the new iCal by now! Just click on the button in the corner ;)

Sonofhaig

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Greenvale, NY
My lunch hour is going to be fun! I'm so excited! I didn't sleep well last night. I never do the night before new Apple stuff. Am I pathetic or just passionate about the computer company I love? :D

macMaestro

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
Hey! Help! I disconnected from MRChat, quit the application, and went to lunch. Now when I try to reconnect, I get:

Looking up irc.krono.net...
Connecting to irc.krono.net...
Connected to irc.krono.net. Please wait...
ERROR :Closing Link: ---Personal Info Removed--- (Connection timed out)
*** Disconnected.

I'm new to this ('No, really?'), and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by macMaestro
Hey! Help! I disconnected from MRChat, quit the application, and went to lunch. Now when I try to reconnect, I get:

Looking up irc.krono.net...
Connecting to irc.krono.net...
Connected to irc.krono.net. Please wait...
ERROR :Closing Link: ---Personal Info Removed--- (Connection timed out)
*** Disconnected.

I'm new to this ('No, really?'), and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

try again... or just follow along on the website.

arn

pec

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2003
Rendezvous on Windows

Rumors are saying that iTunes should support song sharing between Windows and OS X.
That means Rendez-vous would be supported on Windows by Apple?

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Re: What?

Originally posted by Wash!!
What do you mean I don't se any button

I found it. Go to the prefs and check "support time zones" (or similar). Then on the top right of the window, you can change the city and time zone.

Switch to L.A., set 10 am "iTMS Announcement" and switch back. Voila, your appointment has been moved to the appropriate time!

Nice feature!

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Re: Rendezvous on Windows

Originally posted by pec
Rumors are saying that iTunes should support song sharing between Windows and OS X.
That means Rendez-vous would be supported on Windows by Apple?

I'd definitely hope so! Rendezvous is simply Apple's name for their implementation of the ZeroConf standard.

Looking forward to Win iTunes -- I love the app on the Mac, and will be all too pleased to be able to use it when I'm using a PC.

... and that's even without taking the Music Store into account. Things'll be even better when that's launched over here!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Public Radio says Windows iTunes for sure.

On a financial show on public radio, (Morning Edition's finance segment) they were talking as if iTunes for Windows had already been announced (not "if", but "now that"...) I thought maybe they announced early!

I wonder if maybe I'm listening to a live feed of a show that wasn't supposed to be played live. (As in: This radio show wasn't supposed to be aired until AFTER 10AM, so Apple let them talk about it, but for some reason, my station is playing it early.)

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
Originally posted by Sonofhaig
My lunch hour is going to be fun! I'm so excited! I didn't sleep well last night. I never do the night before new Apple stuff. Am I pathetic or just passionate about the computer company I love? :D

Ditto :D

arqsagi

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2003
Texas
look for yourself

The itunes music store is unavailable right now, a message in itunes store homepage.

I was going to buy some songs so Steve can anounce more downloads numbers but I will have to wait until after the music event

ddbean

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2003
Thousand Oaks, CA
Where here?

Quote:
- Live web coverage will take place here on MacRumors.com

Where here on Macrumors.com will this be covered?

I mean which page or which message board do I need to keep refreshing to follow?

And can't someone who has a satillite feed re-stream just the audio somewhere, or is that against Apple's rules? I'd love to be able to just listen to it while I work.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Re: Where here?

Originally posted by ddbean
Quote:
- Live web coverage will take place here on MacRumors.com

Where here on Macrumors.com will this be covered?

I mean which page or which message board do I need to keep refreshing to follow?

And can't someone who has a satillite feed re-stream just the audio somewhere, or is that against Apple's rules? I'd love to be able to just listen to it while I work.

Yeah, you would need Apple's written permission to be able to do that, so you won't see anyone doing that.

"Any broadcast or re-transmission of this telecast without the express written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited." :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Nice work, Steve Jobs! These announcements were much as I'd hoped: For Windows, the same iTunes store, the same iTunes software, the same iPod usage, and the same licensing.

The Pepsi tie-in is nice news, but I wish it was for cans, not just bottles. (And I hope the Los Angeles supermarket strike is over by next February, since lately in L.A. you can hardly get into a supermarket to buy Pepsi!) No sign of the promo at the Pepsi web site yet.

The AOL coup is great too. All those users will have to do is click, and Apple makes money.

I love the quote: iTunes is "probably the best Windows application ever written". Gee, what about Solitaire?

No surprise that Steve favors Hillary Clinton, Robin Williams, and the Grateful Dead. But I hope conservatives will buy music too.

Wasn't this the same Mick Jagger who helped launch Windows 95 a few years back? (Remember those commercials with the "Start Me Up" song that conveniently left out the "you make a grown man cry" line? :) ) Is Mick now a convert, or does he just take anybody's money?

daddy-mojo

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
L.A.
why negative

why is it everytime something cool is rumored or announced like today, there are always a few people who mark the story as negative?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.