Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I was half expecting the record label to be listed as "Apple Computer, Inc."

:)

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by sethypoo
Yeah, how did that ever get sorted out, the lawsuit between Apple Computer and Apple Corp? :confused:

It's ongoing -- will probably take years to resolve. Jobs has said the courts are going to have to decide.

arn

kembrew

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2003
Apple got the song names mixed up *for Thursday's half.

They listed:
1. Signals Over the Air
2. War All the Time
3. This Side of Brightness
4. This Song Brought to You by a Falling Bomb
5. Division St

Should be:
1. War All the Time
2. This Song Brought to You by a Falling Bomb
3. This Side of Brightness
4. Signals Over the Air
5. Division St

I mean, they have the regular CD in the store, they couldnt double check?

chickengrease16

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2003
Tallahassee, FL
i heard the 30 sec previews and my opinion: it sucks. don't you think that for an operating system they would go out with a bang? i mean i love acoustic stuff, but for a live acoustic recording it's horrible. thursday and thrice should have gone full band electric. maybe lightened up a little considering its wide audience, but still. i dont like it. won't buy it.

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
Originally posted by chickengrease16
i heard the 30 sec previews and my opinion: it sucks... i dont like it. won't buy it.

Heh, I have to agree. Can't say I can get excited about this. There are still a lot of bands that iTMS is missing: Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Boards of Canada, Matthew Shipp, Radiohead, any of the Cowboy Bebop albums, Sound Tribe Sector 9... I would buy songs/albums from all of them.

How 'bout an article when they are avaliable, please? :rolleyes:

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
I second that. . .

Bring on the Bebop! (Good thing someone on my network has all of the albums already) :D :rolleyes:

Also, Dave Matthews Band, Where are you?

Today was good though, Pulp Fiction and Resevour Dogs soundtracks among many other good albums . . .

crkfc

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2003
Originally posted by LimeLite
This is not the regular CD, and Apple did not decide the order for this CD either, Island Def Jam did.

this isnt what he means. the songs are mislabeled. what he means is that the correct titles should be as he listed. i sent a feedback to apple about this.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I'm thinking eventually Apple will represent some bands in some form or fashion.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Odd iTMS Link Behavior

Arn et al.,

Something about the iTMS link in the blurb on the MacRumors front page results in iTunes opening, but the web browser window (in Safari 1.1 v100) from which the link was clicked closes. I've never experienced this behavior with any other iTMS web link.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Originally posted by sethypoo
I want Dave Matthews Band on iTMS!

That's not any label's doing, but the choice of Dave Matthews, himself, who along with the Beastie Boys, Apple Records and Metallica believe that legally downloading purchased electronic copies of music is
  • morally incorrect,
  • that the individual sale of songs will destroy the album format, or
  • not lucrative enough.
    [/list=a] Nevermind that they sell singles, themselves and that Dave Matthews and Beastie Boys actually encouraged fans to tape record their concerts, before they realized how lucrative live albums could be.

:(

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Originally posted by mustang_dvs
That's not any label's doing, but the choice of Dave Matthews, himself, who along with the Beastie Boys, Apple Records and Metallica believe that legally downloading purchased electronic copies of music is
  • morally incorrect,
  • that the individual sale of songs will destroy the album format, or
  • not lucrative enough.
    [/list=a] Nevermind that they sell singles, themselves and that Dave Matthews and Beastie Boys actually encouraged fans to tape record their concerts, before they realized how lucrative live albums could be.

:(

• I don't believe it's entirely up to the Dave Matthews Band.

I distinctly remember hearing Dave Matthews himself promote file sharing. The illegal kind. Why not iTMS then? Legal file sharing that makes him some (if any) money.

:rolleyes:

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Well, the odd thing is that RCA has a number of very popular artists on the iTunes music store, including the Strokes, Bruce Hornsby, Clay Aiken, Kelly Clarkson, David Gray, the Calling, Christina Aguilera, Eve 6, and Kings of Leon.

Noticeably absent are: Foo Fighters and Dave Matthews. Dave Grohl has expressed doubts about the impact of a la carte downloads in the past and Dave Matthews' Bama Rags label holds distribution rights of his songs and those of his band, so, at this point, it is mostly the notable artists who are holding up their own appearance on the iTMS roster.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally posted by crkfc
this isnt what he means. the songs are mislabeled. what he means is that the correct titles should be as he listed. i sent a feedback to apple about this.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I thought he meant they were in the wrong order, not mislabeled.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Originally posted by mustang_dvs

Dave Matthews' Bama Rags label holds distribution rights of his songs and those of his band, so, at this point, it is mostly the notable artists who are holding up their own appearance on the iTMS roster.

There! That's the company I couldn't remember the name of earlier, thanks.

littlemacdude

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2003
New York
Apparently,when you click on it to listen to the free 30 seconds of the Tursday/Thrice live at the Apple store it doesn't play any-thing even when you blast the volume.I guess maybe its the sound of silence . :) Sorry wrong people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.