Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdice87

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Ok, so here's what I want to do...

I would like to replace all my pedals and such that at use at gigs with my shiny new mbp...

what software/hardware would be best for this?

thanks

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
That sounds like a fun project. The easy part would be chaining together AU and VST effects. The hard part will be operating the mouse and keyboard with your foot ;)

I would note that something like this would be a nice combination with a program that took keyboard commands to turn effects on and off. That leads to the interesting part, a program that can do that without the mouse. There must be something...

mrdice87

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
after several hours of research, I've found the guitar rig 2 and several products + pro tools from m-audio.

i like the guitar rig alot, but i couldn't use it if i wanted to record piano or vocals. m-audio, on the other hand, has several nice products for recording, but it doesn't look like they would work well in a live situation...

:confused:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
mrdice87 said:
i like the guitar rig alot, but i couldn't use it if i wanted to record piano or vocals. m-audio, on the other hand, has several nice products for recording, but it doesn't look like they would work well in a live situation...

Yeah, and all that HW & SW looks pretty heavy for what you want to accomplish too :/ I guess there's a market in there for someone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.