Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
I suppose the imminent release of iOS 17.4 is the last hope we users outside the US have of being granted Live Voicemail before iOS 18. It baffles me that Apple has chosen to confine this useful feature to the United States - it's not, after all, as if their voice recognition systems cannot cope with non-American accents: we've had Siri and dictation for donkey's years. But I wish I felt more optimistic: Live Voicemail beta forerunner voicemail transcription never left the US either

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Highly doubt it will roll out outside of the US and Canada in the short term.

At this point in time Live Voicemail can often struggle to understand American accents and it was literally designed in America. It's probably for the best that they take their time to roll it out.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

At this point in time Live Voicemail can often struggle to understand American accents and it was literally designed in America. It's probably for the best that they take their time to roll it out.

It works fine with British accents (at least those who have called me).

Reactions: Camerondonal

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom

But here in Britain, for example, Siri works fine, and so does dictation (mostly). The tech doesn't struggle with British accents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.