Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
I just installed installer.app and launcher. I've loaded a few apps on my iphone and so far they filled up the bottom row, they also appear in launcher. How do I remove the apps on the switchboard and just leave them in launcher. Is is as easy as deleting them in the finder that I just downloaded or will this delete the application as well. Any help would be appreciated, I really want to keep the switchboard clean.

matthiasgoodman

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2005
Chandler, AZ
Don't delete them in the finder.

Don't delete them in the finder. That will delete the application. Try the rSBT program. This lets you choose which ones display on the front screen, which ones are in the dock, and which are hidden and only show up in the Launcher. It is really easy to use right on your iPhone. You can also try sBKb, it moves things around so that no 3rd party apps, other than the launcher and installer, show up on the springboard.

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Don't delete them in the finder. That will delete the application. Try the rSBT program. This lets you choose which ones display on the front screen, which ones are in the dock, and which are hidden and only show up in the Launcher. It is really easy to use right on your iPhone. You can also try sBKb, it moves things around so that no 3rd party apps, other than the launcher and installer, show up on the springboard.

Thanks, rSBT made cleaned up my screen nicely.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
when using rSBT is it possible to only put 12 applications on the screen so that the bottom row is clear? When moving the apps down into the hidden section it just replaces the first app in the hidden section with the one i want to move down, I kept playing with it and I cant get any less than 13 apps.

Anyone else have luck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.