Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Is there an application where I can listen to local FM radio stations? For example I am in NYC and I would like to listen to 100.3 (Z100) or 103.5 (KTU) on my phone.

THanks

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
I was going to say AOL Radio, but it does not seem to have Z100 or KTU under New York, NY stations.

slidetounlock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Thanks a bunch. Yeah it does work, but it only has a few channels, but i guess it will do so now I can listen to phone taps :]

Dude, every FM Pop station does a variation of phone taps, its un orignal, brorng and quite frankly just bad. Get Sirius or XM, stuff actually worth listeneing to on those units

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Unfortunately there is no Sirius or XM app for the iPhone (at least for firmware version 2.0 and above) yet. I know that there are apps for jailbroken iPhones with firmware version 1.x. But that's not helpful for people who have upgraded to 2.x.

Dude, every FM Pop station does a variation of phone taps, its un orignal, brorng and quite frankly just bad. Get Sirius or XM, stuff actually worth listeneing to on those units

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
WunderRadio!

Is there an application where I can listen to local FM radio stations? For example I am in NYC and I would like to listen to 100.3 (Z100) or 103.5 (KTU) on my phone.

THanks

YEP! It just came out today and my colleague and I downloaded it this afternoon. It's called WunderRadio. I never thought a radio application could be so cool, but it appears to index all public radio stations (AM & FM) throughout the world. When you browse by location, you begin with selecting the continent, then the country, then the state, then the city. I actually checked to make sure 100.3 (Z100) and 103.5 (KTU) were listed and they ARE.

Personally, I love this app because I can now listen to Rush Limbaugh live where ever I may be =)

The cost of the application is $5.99 which you may consider excessive for listening to public radio, but it's truly the only app you'll ever need to listen to any public radio station. If it's missing a feed, you can e-mail the developer and he'll add it.

And no...I'm not the developer, just a big fan.

slidetounlock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Unfortunately there is no Sirius or XM app for the iPhone (at least for firmware version 2.0 and above) yet. I know that there are apps for jailbroken iPhones with firmware version 1.x. But that's not helpful for people who have upgraded to 2.x.

Well, errr. There's two coming out for Sirius and XM. Once theyre out, game over. Geekstoolbox and NiceMac are making a sleek inerface for sirius/xm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.