Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulFryer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have a need to store a limited number of email messages and/or attachments locally on the iPad, for reference when not connected to the internet - i.e. when travelling. My iPad is Wi-Fi only. If I set up my Mail account as IMAP, I can't get at anything unless connected, and if I set it up as POP Apple's Mail doesn't allow me to create local mailboxes or save attachments.

So Apple Mail doesn't seem to serve my needs, so I wondered whether anyone has any recommendations for a different email client. I don't necessary need to save the messages in an email format, as long as I can get to them to read. Similarly the attachments, which will generally be more than just pictures - e.g. Word or Excel documents, etc - need only to be readable and not modifiable (it would be handy but not essential to be able to forward such attachments).

I do not get a lot of email, and I am not looking for power-user features such as notifications, multiple accounts, 'smart' features, etc. Just a simple client that allows me to do on the iPad some of the things I can do on my iMac.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.