Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Am seeing a lot of potential with the new Apple TV for local multiplayer games in the living room with friends and children. Unfortunately, it's not clear yet which games do support local multiplayer. Do share your discoveries below!

• Beat Sports
  • TapTap Party

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014
Am seeing a lot of potential with the new Apple TV for local multiplayer games in the living room with friends and children. Unfortunately, it's not clear yet which games do support local multiplayer. Do share your discoveries below!

• Beat Sports
  • TapTap Party
Beach Buggy Racing and Crossy Road.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Beach Buggy Racing made us get a second Nimbus SteelSeries controller. It's a ridiculous fun Mario Kart-alike, but playing with the Siri remote puts you at a disadvantage to say the least.

I really wish Crossy Road supported multiple controllers. Using your phone as a controller? Ehhh.

Trivia Night has potential, but is plagued with bugs.

Haven't tried SketchParty TV yet, but heard good things.

Really wish Asphalt 8 had local multiplayer, that game is just stupid fun.

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014
Beach Buggy Racing made us get a second Nimbus SteelSeries controller. It's a ridiculous fun Mario Kart-alike, but playing with the Siri remote puts you at a disadvantage to say the least.

I really wish Crossy Road supported multiple controllers. Using your phone as a controller? Ehhh.

Trivia Night has potential, but is plagued with bugs.

Haven't tried SketchParty TV yet, but heard good things.

Really wish Asphalt 8 had local multiplayer, that game is just stupid fun.

Asphalt 8 would be great. I know you can play Crossy Road with the Siri remote and the Nimbus but I haven't tried with 2 controllers since I got my 2nd Nimbus with Disney Infinity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.