Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amfrager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
I have a cat whom is great, but she likes to play with pencils. Until the other day I had no problem with it, and actually was amused when I would step on a pencil that had been batted under a rug. You can guess where this is going. I left my Apple pencil on my desk and when I came back a short while later the pencil was gone and nowhere to be found. I have been on my hands and knees looking all over. I’ve downloaded a couple apps that locate Bluetooth devices, but the problem is (I think) that the Pencil 2 goes to sleep so I can’t locate it. Is there a way to wake it up without connecting the pencil to my iPad? It has been 72 hours or so now and I’m concerned that the pencil will soon run out of power, even if it is asleep. I think I was reading that the original pencil doesn’t go to sleep, but that is not helping me now.

Ideas anyone???

Last edited:

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
Not that this is going to help much either but Im afraid your just gonna have to keep looking. Also, yes the original pencil did/does go to sleep also.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Bad luck cobber.

You may need to plant a Pencil on your desk & see where that pesky cat takes it? There may be a pattern? Maybe set up a camera for when you’re not home to distract kitty.

Carlos51

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2017
Argentina
Bad luck cobber.

You may need to plant a Pencil on your desk & see where that pesky cat takes it? There may be a pattern? Maybe set up a camera for when you’re not home to distract kitty.
I'd spray the pencil with something that cats don't like to smell/taste.
Cheers.
Carlos

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Hi, I am interested in buying a second hand apple pencil 2, which does not come with the original box. The seller has very high feedback, but I wanted to check if the pencil can be blocked any stage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.