Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christianji

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Germany
Hi all,
since iOS15.4 I am experiencing massive problems with all my location-based homekit automations (leaving / arriving home or any other location). They have been working absolutely flawless up to ios15.3.1, now they are completely broken on any iPhone which is connected to my home. Sometimes they work after re-starting our phones, but then only once and never again. I have checked all location and home-related settings, all is fine, but they do not trigger upon location change.

This issue is adding up to many issues introduced with ios15 where third-party apps (tado, Nuki etc.) had problems with location services and ios15. They still are not 100% solved, and now Homekit is getting those issues as well. Not to speak of the HomePod mini disaster which made the device unusable when german multi-user-feature was released... but this is another story.

So, any of you have an idea or solution for my homekit-location problem?

yuri_G

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2022
Struggling with the same situation. Location based automations stopped working all of the sudden which could be also related to the updates. Checked all settings several times on all devices and feeling desperate by now. Don't know what to try next.

Reading this post I am starting to feel that it's maybe not even a case I can easily fix.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
This happened to me when I updated to iOS 15.0. I think I ended up deleting and redoing the automations that were broken.

christianji

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Germany
This happened to me when I updated to iOS 15.0. I think I ended up deleting and redoing the automations that were broken.
Already been through that. For me (and all home-connected iPhones) it definitely stated with 15.4 and is still there. Same applies to location-based reminders. Both features only working sporadically, one day they work, the other day not, happens across all devices.

christianji

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Germany
iOS 15.5 has in its release notes that this issue is fixed. Anyone who is using the RC can confirm this?

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Seem to be having this issue again in 16.1.1 was working perfectly in 16.1 though… so don’t know what’s changed, anyone else having issues?

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
I've been having issues since moving to iOS 16, can't say I notice if they were fixed on 16.1 but definitely having some issues with 16.1.1

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Don’t know if anyone else wants to give this a try but this seemed to sort my issues out today… whilst away from home I hard reset my iPhone (volume up, volume down then hold power button until apple logo is on screen), and this seemed to sort the issue for me, I also hard reset my Apple Watch whilst out aswell (hold down crown and power button together until apple logo shows).

Bogstandard

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2018
Mid West
Don’t know if anyone else wants to give this a try but this seemed to sort my issues out today… whilst away from home I hard reset my iPhone (volume up, volume down then hold power button until apple logo is on screen), and this seemed to sort the issue for me, I also hard reset my Apple Watch whilst out aswell (hold down crown and power button together until apple logo shows).

I have had to do this with increased frequency.
One of my issues though, I believe, is my Eero mesh network.
As soon as Amazon purchased Eero, I started having problems with homekit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.