Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimhoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
I'm looking for an iOS app that would do the following:

I realize I need to buy something, let's say a screwdriver. But it's not urgent. What I want is to be reminded of this when I'm walking near the screwdriver shop. However, it's always very crowded and noisy at that location. There are many apps offering location based notifications. For example Google Keep does a very short notification sound and a very short vibration. Apple Reminder seems to be audio only. Those are useless in these conditions, where the phone is in the pocket. A short vibration is unnoticeable when walking.

The audio needs to be customizable and ascending in volume. The vibration needs to be pulsating infinitely until the user confirms (or perhaps if the battery is under a threshold). There should also be a free text field for the reminder text.

Does this kind of app exist for iOS?

Currently I have to use https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnibuzz-gps-alarm-for-transit/id1076106050?mt=8 for the location based infinite vibration and separately Google Keep for the message, as OmniBuzz doesn't have a message field. Google Keep is very buggy but good for family use (it's possible to share these reminders with family). Would be simple if Google Keep improved their reminder functionality, but I have already made suggestions to them, so far no success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.