Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ice-breaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Hi,
i am currently experiencing a problem with iOS 9.1 in combination with location services. As you can see in my appended screenshot some apps do not have any location service setting. Even if i try changing them for example for glympse (or any app which has a setting) and i click to go back to the overview it will still keep it's old status whether it's the "no value" or the old one.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and knows how to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0504.PNG
    IMG_0504.PNG
    149 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0505.PNG
    IMG_0505.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 96

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
That does not appear to be the OPs problem. After selecting an option, it should then stick to that. If it is remaining blank, or not changing, something else is going on.

Did you try a reboot?

When apps have never asked for location service (like just installed), they will have no value.

ice-breaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Tried rebooting and even did a reset & restore from iTunes backup. The problem still exists and is quite annoying.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Might want to try and do a restore from iTunes and then set up as new phone, to verify if the issue is still present. If not, possibly something corrupted in your current setup.

Edit: before the above, maybe try an iCloud restore. It is less of an exact copy than iTunes backup.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Tried rebooting and even did a reset & restore from iTunes backup. The problem still exists and is quite annoying.
Is this for an app that you are using regularly or even sometimes? Or is this for any app basically?

ice-breaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
This problem is for any app, i am not able to change the location service setting for any app. Trying to set a new value does not change anything - the value still is the old one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This problem is for any app, i am not able to change the location service setting for any app. Trying to set a new value does not change anything - the value still is the old one.
Could it be something related to restrictions, even if they are off? Perhaps enabling and disabling them again might do something?

Last edited:

ice-breaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
You had the correct idea :) Restrictions had been disabled but within the restrictions the location services has been set to disabled mode. Seems this disabled mode of restrictions has been used regardless restrictions are not active.

Thank you :)

Reactions: Paco II and C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.