Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dialogos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I always have all my location services turned off except find my mac. Among those turned off location services is Setting Time Zone (System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Location Services -> Details -> Setting Time Zone (off ) )

While traveling I always change my time to the current location manually. What I realized though is that under Date & Time when I click at " Set Time Zone automatically using current location " my computer finds my location despite the fact all of my location services are off (except find my mac).

That happens to both Sierra and High Sierra. How can I turn off my location services for my time zone Off. And by Off I mean Off not like the On/Off toggle of wifi /bluetooth on iOS :)))

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

dialogos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
on top of what I mentioned above I noticed that despite Time Zone Location Services are off, the location icon in menu bar indicates the there are ongoing Apps using my location. When I click on it it says: Setting Time Zone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.