Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fman1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Hi Guys,

iOS7 has been running great but there's one thing that's bugged on my phone... The lock button. It takes a few presses for it to register and sometimes it won't even work so I have to use assistive touch to lock the phone.

This morning I had to restart my phone. I managed to turn it off but now I can't turn it back on! Is there a way to jump start the phone to force it to turn on?

Anyone else having this problem? Is it a software bug or a hardware issue?

So many questions so little time.

Thanks all!

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Hi Guys,

iOS7 has been running great but there's one thing that's bugged on my phone... The lock button. It takes a few presses for it to register and sometimes it won't even work so I have to use assistive touch to lock the phone.

This morning I had to restart my phone. I managed to turn it off but now I can't turn it back on! Is there a way to jump start the phone to force it to turn on?

Anyone else having this problem? Is it a software bug or a hardware issue?

So many questions so little time.

Thanks all!

If your lock button doesn't seem to be working, you should downgrade to 6.1.4 if you can and first see if it's the hardware or software. If it's the software then your lock button should work fine and you can try upgrading again. However if it's the hardware, then you'll already be in 6.1.4 and you can go to the Apple store and see if they can give you a replacement.

fman1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
If your lock button doesn't seem to be working, you should downgrade to 6.1.4 if you can and first see if it's the hardware or software. If it's the software then your lock button should work fine and you can try upgrading again. However if it's the hardware, then you'll already be in 6.1.4 and you can go to the Apple store and see if they can give you a replacement.

Got the phone running by plugging it into a computer although iTunes didn't recognize it the phone still managed to boot up when I pressed the button.

I will definitely downgrade to 6.1.4 and see if the issue is still there and I shall report back.

Thanks for the advice

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Got the phone running by plugging it into a computer although iTunes didn't recognize it the phone still managed to boot up when I pressed the button.

I will definitely downgrade to 6.1.4 and see if the issue is still there and I shall report back.

Thanks for the advice

No problem! Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.