Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFrag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
The Netherlands
iOS 16.5.

I keep activating the camera app almost daily when putting the phone into my pockets or getting the phone out of my pockets.

Next to that, if it isnā€™t the camera app I activate, itā€™s the flashlight I activate by accident. Wondering why my leg is getting warm and I find the flashlight on again.

And if that isnā€™t enough stress the wallpaper theme change option kicks in way to easy and to much. Why should I want to change That via the Lock Screen anyway? I canā€™t even delete existing wallpaper pairs for the Home Screen and Lock Screen from there.

Itā€™s totally frustrating getting my iPhone like this in and out of my pocket. I have to make sure that I am holding it by the sides all the time hoping that I am not touching the screen while putting it in there. The same for getting it out of my pockets.

Where can I disable the camera and flashlight option on the Lock Screen and also disable the ability to change wallpapers from the Lock Screen? šŸ˜©

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
iOS 16.5.

I keep activating the camera app almost daily when putting the phone into my pockets or getting the phone out of my pockets.

Next to that, if it isnā€™t the camera app I activate, itā€™s the flashlight I activate by accident. Wondering why my leg is getting warm and I find the flashlight on again.

And if that isnā€™t enough stress the wallpaper theme change option kicks in way to easy and to much. Why should I want to change That via the Lock Screen anyway? I canā€™t even delete existing wallpaper pairs for the Home Screen and Lock Screen from there.

Itā€™s totally frustrating getting my iPhone like this in and out of my pocket. I have to make sure that I am holding it by the sides all the time hoping that I am not touching the screen while putting it in there. The same for getting it out of my pockets.

Where can I disable the camera and flashlight option on the Lock Screen and also disable the ability to change wallpapers from the Lock Screen? šŸ˜©
similar here, don't think you can disable these

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
I detest a lack of options too.
Especially when it comes to the camera and its required proprietary OVERPROCESSING AND ENHANCEMENTS to an image.

• Love
Reactions: 5105973

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
iOS 16.5.

happens to me.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
This happened to me a couple of days ago. I noticed the phone was hot as hell and draining power. The battery reported that the camera had consumed 60% of all activity in the past 24 hours. I'm guessing that it was continuously trying to hunt for an autofocus in my pocket. The dumb thing should really give up after a minute or two. Or even better, have an option to disable the camera from the Lock Screen. Not everyone on the planet is a teenage mall rat who needs to whip out the phone for selfies at a moment's notice!

Arxr

macrumors member
May 8, 2023
I believe the camera app can be disabled in the screen time options.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
The whole thing is an even more dumb considering you can just swipe the Lock Screen left for the exact same functionality.

Reactions: maerz001

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
Top Tip: If you get into your car that has wireless CarPlay, the clock on the CarPlay will be showing with a bright orange background if your phone has inadvertently slipped into camera mode. You will also have a very hot phone. This happened to me this morning.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Hm i
Can you elaborate on this? Iā€™m on iOS 17 and see nothing regarding any Lock Screen customization that wasnā€™t in 16.
was sure i read it somewhere. But a quick search didnā€™t show anything accept of ā€œadditional customizationā€.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.