Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F27

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
I have always felt the iPad lock screen timeout is way too short (5 seconds) and was wondering now that iPadOS 17 has widgets on this screen if you can increase that length of time.

Surely if you want to view all that information being shown you will want more that 5 seconds to do so without having to repeatedly tap the screen to keep it active.

• Love
Reactions: addamas

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
  1. Open Settings
  2. Swipe down and tap on Display & Brightness
  3. Tap Auto-Lock and choose your new lock time
Sadly it’s not working - I had it for +- 5 seconds when set Auto-Lock for Never or when changed that to 2 / 5 / 10 mins.

F27

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
  1. Open Settings
  2. Swipe down and tap on Display & Brightness
  3. Tap Auto-Lock and choose your new lock time
That’s the time going from the Home Screen to locking the device. I meant the time the screen stays on whilst sitting on the Lock Screen which I believe Apple has never allowed to be changed.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2018
You’re absolutely right. Apologies for the confusion. Hmmm… It would indeed be very useful to keep the Lock Screen on with the new widgets feature. The quest continues.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
You’re absolutely right. Apologies for the confusion. Hmmm… It would indeed be very useful to keep the Lock Screen on with the new widgets feature. The quest continues.
I’m curious… is this behavior the same with the iPhone? Where it aggressively turns off the Lock Screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.