Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
DFFB51A0-D8A7-4023-A896-ABC9F67DDD80.jpeg

Fantasy, Horror, Young Adult Adventure. I’m 8 episodes into Season 1 (10 episodes) and really enjoying this, based on a graphic novel, set in Massachusetts, but filmed in Canada, and similar in vibe to Stranger Things. It’s about 3 siblings who with their mother return from California after their father is murdered by a student, to live in the family’s ancestral mansion, that happens to possess magic keys that call out to the children. It turns out there is a history and secrets, the story moves along well and really heats up in episode 7. I’m looking forward to the S1 final. It has been renewed for Season 2.

86EC1707-2740-4472-8E0E-2273D44FB99C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tagbert

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Loved the series and loved the books! The graphic novels are really good. They do get a little comic booky, but they are comic books, but the show has been pretty spot on with the keys!!!

• Love
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Finished Season 1, thumbs up!
It was obvious that they had not resolved the situation, before it was spelled out for the viewer because it was just too easy. :)

Reactions: jeyf

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Favorite Keys (so far). :)
  • Anywhere key- through a door to any door anywhere You have seen it!
  • Ghost Key- leave your body and fly around!
  • Head Key- throw a book through the door to your head and you just learned it!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
One of the aspects of the story, the keys, since there have been keys as long as magic was brought to this house, there can’t be an endless supply of keys, the dead father played with keys, they must recycle back to the house, bad well lady knows about specific keys, maybe just better not to think about it. ? ;)

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
maybe just better not to think about it. ? ;)
I finished season 2 a couple of days ago. I won't spoil anything but this little bit from your post sums up my feelings about this show in general. Pretty enjoyable, but don't think about any of it too hard.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I finished season 2 a couple of days ago. I won't spoil anything but this little bit from your post sums up my feelings about this show in general. Pretty enjoyable, but don't think about any of it too hard.
In S1E9- it is explained why there are keys hidden in the house what happened in the basement of Key House, and more. All is well!

I really want the Anywhere Key! :D
Season 2 is going well, on S2E4.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I hate to say it but as soon as Dodge showed up, I kind of lost interest. Plus the actor playing Bode is really annoying to me this season.
Ref Dodge, at first I was like OH COME ON, been there, done that. However it plays out quickly and not as I expected. Bode was annoying when he was possessed, true, but then he was not. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.