Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kat17man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
I've been trying unsuccessfully to log on to my older Apple TV. Last night I logged on to Apple TV+ on my big screen without any problem.

Today I tried the same with my older Apple TV on a small screen in another room. Apple TV+ does show up on the first menu, but if I click on it, nothing happens. I do get prompted for my user info and when I fill that in, nothing happens except that I get a text on my phone that says someone has tried to log onto my account. If I click on that, a 6 digit number pops up asking to to verify (exactly what I don't know). Where I'm supposed to verify the 6 digit numbere is a complete mystery to me.

I almost never have a reason to access Apple TV+ on my second screen TV, but I would like to be able to. I might add that I have 5 device authorized but I think I'm allowed 6 devices. I'm wondering if the Apple TV+ is just getting slammed because of "GreyHound". My access to Apple TV + is because I bought a new iPhone last fall. And I am using the correct iTunes account number and password.

Anyone else having this trouble and if so, how did you correct it?

Thanks...

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
Experienced the same this morning on my older Apple TV non HD or 4K, repeatedly asked me to sign in, when I went to view programming asked again for the sign in, then it would not recognize that I had a subscription to Apple TV+. Guess this is Apples way of saying Buy A New Apple TV

Kat17man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
Experienced the same this morning on my older Apple TV non HD or 4K, repeatedly asked me to sign in, when I went to view programming asked again for the sign in, then it would not recognize that I had a subscription to Apple TV+. Guess this is Apples way of saying Buy A New Apple TV
Either that or it's Apple's way of reducing the free one year subscription by 6 months. I should note that Apple TV+ DOES show on my display on my older Apple TV (non 4K). I think the first 3 Apple TV units did support HD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.