Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I am currently on the verge of self-declaring myself insane with thanks to the Logi Circle View camera or Home App which keeps returning the infamous "No Response" notification on the Home App!

My camera is currently located outside mounted on a detached garage, I have also placed a mesh router in the garage which is hardwired back to the main router providing a strong wifi signal to the camera. I have the HomePod Mini which is assumed to be the main Home Hub the best of times and the Apple TV as the backup hub which I assume relays the video feed to the Home App.

I have no idea where the potential error lies, would anyone know which component that would be causing the issue(s), it is the camera, the HomePod Mini / Apple TV, my network, Apple Home app or any known potential fixes that has been successful for others?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I think its just an apple thing I get it'll the time and it seldom gives notifications anymore.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
according to the reviews and etc...I've seen on YouTube, it's a Logi Circle View thing.
How do they know, is there a way of carrying out a proper fault analysis to ascertain that the Logi is in fault mode or something else?

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
The Logitech Circle View was the first official HomeKit camera I tried. Until then I was using Nest cameras with a Starling hub. I had a ton of problems with the Logitech constantly losing connection. I tried it twice and returned it twice. Recently I added a couple Aqara G2H Pros to my Home and they’ve worked perfectly so far. Now I know my experience is only one, but my other cameras work fine and the Logitech didn’t.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I think I may have a (temporary) fix by disabling the Apple TV as a Home Hub and only utilising the HomePod Mini as the main Home Hub, the camera appears to be stable at present!

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I think I may have a (temporary) fix by disabling the Apple TV as a Home Hub and only utilising the HomePod Mini as the main Home Hub, the camera appears to be stable at present!
man the Apple TV has caused some issues for sure. but I still have the issue without it in the system. I deleted it and set it up again worked for a bit.

ozsmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2020
@Bl0ckHe1d I had some initial issues around "No Response" but to be honest, my Logitech Circle View (firmware 8.2.64) has been stable for the last month (touch wood).

ozsmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2020
PS - Do you have any luck Home & Circle Camera Home & Away auto modes. I can't seem to get it to "arm" when we leave the house, no matter how many devices we take with us :)

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Well that "fix" was short lived, currently lucky to get up to 24hrs before "something" sh!ts the bed with the no response feedback and as a result having to reboot the camera nearly every 24hrs or less.

No idea what is constantly disconnecting the camera from Homekit and really need to have a diagnosis page or something added to the Home app

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
PS - Do you have any luck Home & Circle Camera Home & Away auto modes. I can't seem to get it to "arm" when we leave the house, no matter how many devices we take with us :)
Not had any issue with the recording function in Home / Away, the camera (or Homekit) does this itself I believe provided you have the "select activity zone" and "Recording options" configured.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
I had constant disconnects with the Circle View.

My solution was to plug it into a smart plug and it has been rock solid ever since. Not sure why but even if the power goes out, a quick reboot of the smart plug and the camera is up and running.

Reactions: Itinj24

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Update!

I have been having issues with my Asus routers (AIMesh) and therefore have decided to restore the routers to factory setting (was running on rMerlin Asus firmware) and re-flashed it again.

Interestingly ever since I have restored the routers, the camera has been behaving itself for over a week and not had the infamous "No Response" once. Unsure to whether I botched something in the router settings to cause the upset. or maybe the routers just needed a clean refresh, nevertheless it is functioning the way it should be (I hope!).

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I have the same issue with AppleTV. I get no response from the logi circle camera.
it works via the Home app on my phone and iPad but just not Apple TV

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I had the same issue, this worked for me:
AppleTV Settings -> Airplay and HomeKit -> Cameras & Doorbells -> Show on this Apple TV and select 'Yes'.

Reactions: TVreporter

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
These cams are driving me nuts. Picked up a couple while in the states and tested them for a few days at my brothers house and they seemed fine. Brought them back to Japan where I had just added a new 128gb atv to the home (alongside a 2021 4k atv and an original HomePod).

We then moved to our new place a few days later, with only the newest atv hooked up (Ethernet). I pulled out the cameras, reset them, and added them to the home. Constant random disconnects from both.

So I wiped the home out altogether and created a new one tonight. Added the newest atv back in (other atv and HomePod still in boxes) and then reset and readded the cams. They were fine at first but within 10 minutes or so both were offline and have been since. 🤬

I have 3 Omada access points in a wired backhaul mesh setup. No 5ghz network - those radios are completely disabled - so all devices are 2.4ghz (which other than the cams are really just a couple iPhones and a couple laptops - all other devices are wired in). One cam is right on the other side of a wall from one of the APs and the other isn’t that much further so it definitely doesn’t seem like a signal issue - when the cams work they don’t seem to have any signal strength issues at all.

Have never had issues like this with a multitude of HomeKit devices. I see comments here and there about atvs causing issues when acting as a hub vs. HomePods - but that seems odd. Is that a thing? Does the new atv have to be the acting hub in order for Matter to be supported or does it just have to be on the network?

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
These cams are driving me nuts. Picked up a couple while in the states and tested them for a few days at my brothers house and they seemed fine. Brought them back to Japan where I had just added a new 128gb atv to the home (alongside a 2021 4k atv and an original HomePod).

We then moved to our new place a few days later, with only the newest atv hooked up (Ethernet). I pulled out the cameras, reset them, and added them to the home. Constant random disconnects from both.

So I wiped the home out altogether and created a new one tonight. Added the newest atv back in (other atv and HomePod still in boxes) and then reset and readded the cams. They were fine at first but within 10 minutes or so both were offline and have been since. 🤬

I have 3 Omada access points in a wired backhaul mesh setup. No 5ghz network - those radios are completely disabled - so all devices are 2.4ghz (which other than the cams are really just a couple iPhones and a couple laptops - all other devices are wired in). One cam is right on the other side of a wall from one of the APs and the other isn’t that much further so it definitely doesn’t seem like a signal issue - when the cams work they don’t seem to have any signal strength issues at all.

Have never had issues like this with a multitude of HomeKit devices. I see comments here and there about atvs causing issues when acting as a hub vs. HomePods - but that seems odd. Is that a thing? Does the new atv have to be the acting hub in order for Matter to be supported or does it just have to be on the network?
We all feel your pain!

How about an experiment; are you able to disable the Omada AP nearest to the camera, or disable the 2.4Ghz wifi and enable the 5Ghz wifi should you have anything close by that requires internet access other than the camera?

Once you have done this reboot the camera and see how you get on

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
I rebooted the closest AP and that seems to have greatly improved things for one of the cams - the other went offline again and stayed offline for 48 hours until I unplugged it this morning. Will keep an eye on it from here and see if further tweaks are needed or if (hopefully) it was the AP itself acting up in this case…

The Ether

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2023
I am currently on the verge of self-declaring myself insane with thanks to the Logi Circle View camera or Home App which keeps returning the infamous "No Response" notification on the Home App!

My camera is currently located outside mounted on a detached garage, I have also placed a mesh router in the garage which is hardwired back to the main router providing a strong wifi signal to the camera. I have the HomePod Mini which is assumed to be the main Home Hub the best of times and the Apple TV as the backup hub which I assume relays the video feed to the Home App.

I have no idea where the potential error lies, would anyone know which component that would be causing the issue(s), it is the camera, the HomePod Mini / Apple TV, my network, Apple Home app or any known potential fixes that has been successful for others?
I had the same problem, and tried all of the solutions I could find including dedicated 2.4Ghz SSID, and more access points closer to the cameras.

The thing that fixed it was hard wiring the Apple TV (the only Home Hub) via ethernet to the router.

It has been rock solid for weeks now, and has not dropped out once.

Reactions: Bl0ckHe1d

anmadradubh

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2023
I've had similar issues with Logitech Circle View.
I have over 50 smart devices connected from various vendors and over the years each has become more reliable to the point where I rarely have an issue with any of them.
It is only when I connect the Logitech Circle View that I eventually start get repeated and frequent "None of your Home hubs are responding".
The frequency seems to change depending IOS version. On some versions it has been better than others. On the latest, it's terrible.
What I find odd is that when the camera is powered off, the issue persists. It is only when I remove the camera from the Home that the problem goes away.
I've tried most of the above including a wired home hub with no success.
Thanks for all your postings.

ozsmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2020
Nice I upgraded from Unifi NanoHD access points to Enterprise 6, I've had nothing but stable Logitech Circle Views, before this I was seeing a few dropouts a week at least.

So for the moment, for me at least, everything is fine.

Reactions: Bl0ckHe1d

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Nice I upgraded from Unifi NanoHD access points to Enterprise 6, I've had nothing but stable Logitech Circle Views, before this I was seeing a few dropouts a week at least.

So for the moment, for me at least, everything is fine.

Hopefully it’s just your network re-optimising after the upgrade.

The Logitech camera has (and still is) been very stable on the latest HomePod and Apple TV OS (16.6) so can now declare myself officially sane again 😂

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I have an ASUS AXE-16000 and AXE-11000. Spent like over $1,200 on routers. Everything works fine with them except my Logitech Circle View cameras (I have four of them. The doorbell works fine though).

I’ve tried nearly every setting on my router settings. The outside cameras go to “no response” within 24-48 hours of setting them up new. The indoor cameras go “no response” within 7 days of setting up as new. Power cycling does not resolve it.

This has been the most frustrating product ever. I live in a safe area but it would be nice to have security cameras. I’m about to say screw it though and just junk all 5.

(Funny thing as well is that there are no HomeKit 6E routers for sale. The Velop 6 router that had HomeKit was replaced by the 6E velop and it does not have HomeKit!)

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I have an ASUS AXE-16000 and AXE-11000. Spent like over $1,200 on routers. Everything works fine with them except my Logitech Circle View cameras (I have four of them. The doorbell works fine though).
Ooft, the AXE-16000 is a powerful beast! Can only hazard a guess that your AXE-11000 is connected to the 16000 via AIMesh?
I’ve tried nearly every setting on my router settings. The outside cameras go to “no response” within 24-48 hours of setting them up new. The indoor cameras go “no response” within 7 days of setting up as new. Power cycling does not resolve it.
The ASUS router setup can be daunting and I have followed the instructions given on this link (post 9) which may assist you if required.
This has been the most frustrating product ever. I live in a safe area but it would be nice to have security cameras. I’m about to say screw it though and just junk all 5.
Without known the details of your property and how close your cameras are to each of the routers nor do I know how close your two routers are to one another!

Have you tried switching off your 11000 router (or disabling the 2.4Ghz WiFi) and rebooting your cameras and letting the 16000 router pick up the cameras? In my experience my cameras didn’t like the mesh environment and felt as if the router were trying to fight with each other for dominance over who’s picking up the cameras!
(Funny thing as well is that there are no HomeKit 6E routers for sale. The Velop 6 router that had HomeKit was replaced by the 6E velop and it does not have HomeKit!)
Not sure a HomeKit router would resolve the camera issue but I could be wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.