Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TAPKAE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Thankfully this has not visited me lately, but it's certainly been a MAJOR bummer the three or so times it has.

I have a cMP 5,1 with Mojave and LP 10.5.1.

I've seen other folks have this issue and it seems everyone can do nothing but shrug, and the user has to go back and do manual cleanup or hopefully dig out an unaffected copy from TM or a backup.

What happens--with no apparent triggering event that I can figure out--is that out of nowhere, during a session, the assorted buses, auxes, channel inputs and outputs do a big game of 'musical chairs' and get scrambled in a frighteningly random way. I saw one user said that there seemed to be a numerical relationship, i.e., that if something was sent to Bus 1, it would become re-routed to Bus 2. Or something like that. But in a complex mix with subgroups and other routing, it's nothing but a disaster for any of it to come unglued. It really looks hopeless. It's not a thing that can be undone. It seems like a random glitch that visits this one version of LP.

I hated to see it happen because I actually bought this Mac Pro to operate that version of Logic, and without venturing into the world of OpenCore for that computer (I sandbox with the stuff on other machines, but want that one to remain untouched for a while), I am stuck at this version and whatever Mr. Hyde thing happens to turn up in this random manner.

Sorry for not having more clear language or even screenshots. If you saw it, you'd understand what a weird thing it was. This link says well enough what there is to know. Where there is talk about the version of Logic, I can say in at least two cases, I was starting a new session in the 10.5.1 environment in the last year since I got the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.