Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supergod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
I am going to be recording an album this summer. For the most part I'm going to be in a studio, but I want to be able to do some of the stuff myself at home with my smaller setup. I've been using Garageband for a while and now I have Logic 7 Express. For the most part I understand the very basics of the program but I need to know how to really get some use out of it. So I was wondering: does anyone have any recommendations for books on learning Logic 7? I was at the bookstore and checked out the Apple Pro series book on Logic and thought that it seemed to be really lacking considering the price and also considering that a lot of their tutorial seems to be exactly the same as the free help tutorial that comes with the program.

I'm not looking for an advanced book, but one that covers the bases of recording with logic and that is preferably an easy read. Any help is greatly appreciated.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
Honestly, use the tutorials. They are boring, i know, but it is free and it works. Once you get a little more comfortable with Logic it is like speaking another language; after a while you do not even realize that you are speaking in a non-native language.

So if that confused ya...lol
Do the tutorials, play with the program. If you spend a hour or so a day doing this, you should be up and running with Logic in no time.

-cameron

supergod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Well, I understand what you're saying but I'm just going to give the book a try. If I really don't like it I'll return it and if it works well, I can always sell it when I've learnt my way around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.