Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Autistic Behaviour

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
montreal
what do you mean, 'scrolling thru AUs'? do you mean looking thru the lists when planning to insert an AU in a channel strip? no problem here. have you rebooted?

yeah, exactly. Might be some suff on my system creating some sort of conflict...Yeah, rebooted, etc....Might try to erase some cache files, logic plists, cs files and see

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i get a small white rectangle when i go to bounce, in the windows for the start and end points... just mentioning. and sometimes a knob in the Gain plugin and logic's delay plugins jumps to the left. so, still things to sort out for apple/logic...

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i get a small white rectangle when i go to bounce, in the windows for the start and end points... just mentioning. and sometimes a knob in the Gain plugin and logic's delay plugins jumps to the left. so, still things to sort out for apple/logic...

I'm not experiencing any of those things in Logic thankfully.. BUT for some reason the Logic Pro Help forum isn't visible in High Sierra. I can access the main page but not the Forums page itself. Any ideas or workarounds?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I'm not experiencing any of those things in Logic thankfully.. BUT for some reason the Logic Pro Help forum isn't visible in High Sierra. I can access the main page but not the Forums page itself. Any ideas or workarounds?

try closing the webpage, then in the privacy pane of safari's preferences, clear all cookies etc for logicprohelp.com, then try again (oops am assuming you're in safari). site works fine here.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
try closing the webpage, then in the privacy pane of safari's preferences, clear all cookies etc for logicprohelp.com, then try again (oops am assuming you're in safari). site works fine here.

Yes, I am using Safari. I've only ever used Safari for internet browsing since the day I got my first Mac!

Just tried clearing cookies, etc.. didn't work. What's strange is that the site is working fine on my MacBook Pro but not my Mac mini, both are running the latest High Sierra... I really don't know what the problem could be. And it only happens for the LPH forum page on my Mac mini too. Very strange.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
well, at least you have it narrowed down to the mini. you could try creating a test admin account on that mac, see if it opens in safari there (that would then narrow down the issue, if it's not happening in a clean account, to your regular account on the mini). just a thought...

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
well, at least you have it narrowed down to the mini. you could try creating a test admin account on that mac, see if it opens in safari there (that would then narrow down the issue, if it's not happening in a clean account, to your regular account on the mini). just a thought...

Ok the LPH site totally worked on the Guest User account.. :( What steps can I take now? I tried uninstalling uBlock since the Guest User Safari didn't have that extension but didn't help..

EDIT: Managed to fix the problem.. deselected 'Never use fonts smaller than...' in Safari preferences. The trade off is not my fonts are slightly smaller in Safari now but it's not that big of a deal at the moment.

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
u may want to google this, but maybe backup your bookmarks, and completely reset safari (not at my desk, but look into this). or plan b: chrome (for at least that one site). but i'd try resetting safari first.

anyone else have an idea?...

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
u may want to google this, but maybe backup your bookmarks, and completely reset safari (not at my desk, but look into this). or plan b: chrome (for at least that one site). but i'd try resetting safari first.

I'm actually pretty ok with it as it is! I won't go through the trouble of resetting Safari. I don't want to use Chrome or anything else. HS is really great by the way, I'm glad I upgraded :) Logic is performing very well so far.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Installed Logic Pro 9.1.8 on HS DP7 and just as the recent article says, it doesn't load.

I wonder what the technical reason for dropping this is? Baked-in reliance on JHFS+?

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i get a small white rectangle when i go to bounce

Aaah... finally came across the 'white rectangle'. Happened when I adjusted a Q value in the Inspector. Won't stop me from continuing to use High Sierra though, it's a pretty small thing for me. I've reported it to Apple though ..

Haven't had the knob jump problem you've encountered so far.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Just curious, why did you proceed to install Logic 9 on HS DP7 when Apple clearly mentioned it's not going to work? What was the point of doing that?

Because I remember when Logic Studio 8 wouldn't install in Lion, because the installer was PowerPC, but I worked around that :)

Hopefully there's a way to get Logic Studio 9 to work on HS at some point.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Because I remember when Logic Studio 8 wouldn't install in Lion, because the installer was PowerPC, but I worked around that :)

Hopefully there's a way to get Logic Studio 9 to work on HS at some point.

Well there's a guy on the Logic Pro Help forum who's saying that Logic 9 isn't working well at all in Sierra. So I think that even if you do manage to install Logic Pro 9 on HS, it probably isn't going to function very well.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Well there's a guy on the Logic Pro Help forum who's saying that Logic 9 isn't working well at all in Sierra. So I think that even if you do manage to install Logic Pro 9 on HS, it probably isn't going to function very well.
Ah :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.