Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So I've already had two logic boards replaced on my iBook G4 and now the warranty is coming up this January. Recently (it's happened a couple of times so far) the screen has just been going black. I can see the makeout of what was on the screen but it looks as if the brightness were at the bottom setting. Nothing resolves the issue except restarting the machine.
What is wrong with my computer and I am also nowhere near an Applecare center so I am not even sure what I could do if I figure out what is wrong...

Well I hope someone can help me out -- thanks for reading and trying to help.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Anyone know if theirs a way you can talk to an Apple Rep through a chat box or something?

Animalk

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Montreal Canada
The Dutch government has found Apple guilty of selling ibooks with a faulty logic board design just 2 weeks ago and has ruled that apple repair all ibooks brought to them with this problem or simply replace them. It was all over the net, look it up.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So you guys definitly think the screen brightness going dark is the logic board?

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I read on some other forums it might be a problem with some inverter plug--is their a way to check this...?

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
right well the issue their is I am studying abroad right now in Israel (middle east) so bringing it in isn't an option... I am not even sure how to phone in since they don't have a service center here...

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
any other advice that can help me....does anyone know a way I can diagnose this before calling Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.