Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hessel89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Netherlands
My Logic Pro 10.6.3 keeps getting stuck at the ''updating information about Audio Unit plug-ins'' screen.

It has verified all plugins already (a few of them supposedly don't work, which is fine) but now it can't get passt this annoying screen.
YES, I know some of my plugins don't work. Now just let me move on so I can turn them off the audio unit manager.
There's no way to know which plugins aren't compatible, since Logic does not move past this screen, so I can open the audio unit manager.

I've already tried removing the audio unit cache, but this only makes Logic Pro restart the plugin verification process. (which works fine.) When it's done verifying I'm still stuck on the same screen.

It doesn't matter wether I open Logic natively or in Rosetta mode..

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-12 om 13.36.06.png

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Actually, I have just find the information from when it happened to me and this is what I did:

You need to access it from the hidden Library folder:

1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
  2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
  3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
  4. Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

In there select Caches/AudioUnitCache

In my case there were two cache files in there which I had to trash (both).

Upon restarting Logic it rescanned for plugins and recreated the caches.

Once again, this is what I did with Apple support, but it might not be the correct course of action for you.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I appreciate the input, but I already tried this multiple times...
I can't remember exactly how, but during/after the rescan I was able to reach the plug-in manager window and from there you can deselect the problematic plug-ins.
Ultimately you should remove them altogether unless you think Apple will re-make them compatible (unlikely).
In my case the culprit were some old Steinberg plug-ins

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
I think I had a similar issue some time ago. It was one or more of my old obsolete audio unit plug-ins that would cause Logic to hang up during the verification process.

I had to create a folder on the desktop and copy all the audio unit plug-ins from their folder into it. Making absolutely sure I had copied all of them into that folder, I then trashed all of them in the orginal audio units folder. Then I started to drag them back into the audio units folder from the saved audio units folder I had created on the desktop a few at a time, starting with the ones I knew were probably still current and scanning them with Logic until it hung up again or I was just able to figure out which were the old obsolete audio units. I believe the latter worked for me.

Jiishyy

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2022
My Logic Pro 10.6.3 keeps getting stuck at the ''updating information about Audio Unit plug-ins'' screen.

It has verified all plugins already (a few of them supposedly don't work, which is fine) but now it can't get passt this annoying screen.
YES, I know some of my plugins don't work. Now just let me move on so I can turn them off the audio unit manager.
There's no way to know which plugins aren't compatible, since Logic does not move past this screen, so I can open the audio unit manager.

I've already tried removing the audio unit cache, but this only makes Logic Pro restart the plugin verification process. (which works fine.) When it's done verifying I'm still stuck on the same screen.

It doesn't matter wether I open Logic natively or in Rosetta mode..

View attachment 1817697
Did you ever find a fix for this , I’ve cleared the cache I’ve restarted I’ve reinstalled , I have nothing in components, I’ve done Lito everything I’ve find online

PeteT

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2022
In case anyone is interested and has the same issue, Hessel89's and Jiishyy's problems occurred to me, and I was able to fix it. LPX went from a hung state in Plug-In Manager (caused by the TRackS 5 suite by IK Multimedia) to starting up normally. Here's what I did:

1. Went to Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST, VST3 and Components > removed any T-rackS 5 files from all 3 folders and saved to SSD, then deleted them from MacHD.
2. Went to MAC HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plugins > Saved the T-rackS 5 files to SSD, then deleted them.
3. Emptied Trash, removed the SSD and restarted LPX.

The hang ceased and LPX started normally.

Reactions: MajorFubar

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
3 1/2 months later:

TRacks5 wasn't the problem for me. The latest update from a few days ago loaded fine.

Turns out I had accidentally installed Auto Tune Slice — only works with a Subscription that I will never have. Removing that and all supporting files did the trick.

I did have to clear com.apple.audiounits.cache from /Users/(user)/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/ before Logic would pop up the error, however.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.