Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Does anyone use Logic Pro on Mac OS Big Sur on an unsupported Mac? I have a late 2012 i7 Mac Mini and am considering using the Big Sur patcher but wondering if anyone else has had success with Logic?

Thanks.

Reactions: Judobeing

Judobeing

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2021
I wanting to do the same, looking for some reassurance with patches. Have you tried doing this upgrade yet surfnode ?

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
@Judobeing I have now upgraded my 2012 Mini to Big Sur using Patched Sur

Patched Sur only works as an in-place upgrade rather than a clean install (I usually prefer clean!).

I'd recommend performing a Web restore and restore the Mac to it's default OS (Mountain Lion for me!).

Then follow the instructions, ensuring to select EFI boot, wait for Mac to turn off and then turn on again and select the Big Sur install disk on the boot screen.

Doing it this way, the Mountain Lion install was not bloated with apps and files.

Everything seems to be working well, Logic and my Native Instruments Komplete software is working just as well as it was on Catalina!

Hope this helps! ;)

Reactions: Wando64
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.