Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan the Man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Logic pro questions.

1.How do you make sure you have the correct recording levels going into the M-Audio audio interface in logic?

2.How do you set up a stereo master recording session?

3.What is the process for burning the finished master onto CD?

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I can't help you, though I will make a suggestion. If you want a person to read your thread and attract a Logic user, it would be best if you changed the title, so that it is correlated with your question :)

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
1. Which m-audio device? Use the m-audio software to make sure the levels are high enough. Also, turn the knobs up on the device.

2. I use a simple two-track program to record (Spark ME) for a stereo pair. Keeps things simple. Other popular simple track recorders/editors: Sound Studio, Audacity, others. Though you can record in Logic of course; just set an audio track as stereo with the inputs being your device.

3. After you have everything how you want it in logic, click on File>Bounce then pick the format you want (AAC, MP3, PCM, etc.) You can then burn that file to a CD.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Dan the Man said:
1.How do you make sure you have the correct recording levels going into the M-Audio audio interface in logic?
as an engineer, you need to learn the art of gainstaging. you want it low enough where it doesn't clip digitally and high enough where your signal-to-noise ratio is good.

does that help?

2.How do you set up a stereo master recording session?
what's a stereo master recording session?

3.What is the process for burning the finished master onto CD?
the mastering engineer will do that for you. if that's you, then you have more to worry about than how to burn a CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.