Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I have a nice m audio 61 key weighted keyboard that I'm using with Logic pro X and I'm having a great time. Problem is, I have an early 2011 MBP which won't get any more OS updates. I also had to replace the battery and I'm not sure how long it will last with a 3rd party battery. I was already getting power errors and I reset the system controller which seems to have taken care of it for now.

This is a long way of saying, will there even be a Logic pro X for iPad since they are pretty much as powerful as desktop computers now? I've been looking at buying a Mac Mini, but I have a great iPad Pro 12.9" that I wonder if I can use at some point for my music production.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Check out Korg Gadget on iPad. It’s outstanding. Great UI and the plugins sound great.
Thanks for the tip! Does the Korg app have a wide variety of sounds and instruments? Also, what’s the best interface I can buy to connect my iPad to my keyboard and output to some good speakers?

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
Korg Gadget is not much of a DAW, but probably great for composing with virtual instruments.

I suspect once AARM Macs come out we might see Logic cross platform between AARM Macs and iPads. One would hope!

I have a nice m audio 61 key weighted keyboard that I'm using with Logic pro X and I'm having a great time. Problem is, I have an early 2011 MBP which won't get any more OS updates. I also had to replace the battery and I'm not sure how long it will last with a 3rd party battery. I was already getting power errors and I reset the system controller which seems to have taken care of it for now.

This is a long way of saying, will there even be a Logic pro X for iPad since they are pretty much as powerful as desktop computers now? I've been looking at buying a Mac Mini, but I have a great iPad Pro 12.9" that I wonder if I can use at some point for my music production.

Reactions: satcomer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.