Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natx310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with opening the Logic Pro X application on Mojave. No matter what I do, the application just won't open. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the application, deleting the "com.apple.logic10.plist", restarting my computer and nothing works. When I go into the package contents of Logic and click on MacOS and open it in the terminal I get the following message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeMediaBrowser
Referenced from: /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro X
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

A couple of weeks ago, I made the mistake of deleting the iLife Media Browser files thinking it was malware. Now when I check my software updates, I get an update for iLife Support (9.0.4). But everytime I try to install the update, it crashes and says, "The update package has been corrupted since being downloaded from the Apple Software Update server." I've tried installing it from the terminal and also get an error message.

I'm not sure if deleting the iLife Media Broswer files is the exact reason why Logic will no longer open, but I haven't been able to find any solutions or exact reasons why it is no longer working.

If anyone here knows how to fix this, or can help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it!

Many thanks!

natx310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2022
What version of Logic Pro X you have? Your Mac model info may be useful info, also.

It sounds like you might need to do a reinstall of macOS:

I am running Logic Pro X version 10.5.1 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). I will try reinstalling the macOS. Hopefully that works!

natx310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2022
I am running Logic Pro X version 10.5.1 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). I will try reinstalling the macOS. Hopefully that works!
Finished reinstalling the macOS and I'm happy to report that Logic is now opening and working perfectly! Thank you so much BrianBaughn for the help and for the solution to this problem! I greatly appreciate it! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.