Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TajahONeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
Hi to the interested,

The iMac 27” 2010 (mid) “Processor“ 2.93GHz Intel Core i7 “Graphics” ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB running High Sierra 10.13.6 has Logic Pro X 10.3.1 and works well. I have partitioned the 4TB disk and using the ‘Dude Patcher’ have upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 and the ATI Radeon HD 5750 is now 1 GB.

Now when using Catalina, and try to use Logic Pro X (10.6.3) the ‘PLAYHEAD‘ in Logic Pro X is missing! Everything else seems to be working, except for the missing PLAYHEAD. Do you know how to fix this issue

Does this sound familiar, is there a simple solution?

Thank you in advance for your time.

TajahONeil

rodriced

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Hi !

Same thing for me.
The only difference is that I have a Mac Book Pro 13” early 2011.

Did you find a solution ?

Thank you for any help

Rodolphe

TajahONeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
Hi !

Same thing for me.
The only difference is that I have a Mac Book Pro 13” early 2011.

Did you find a solution ?

Thank you for any help

Rodolphe
Hey There,

No! I haven’t solved the problem yet, but word has it that; If I upgrade my graphics card to a “METAL COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS CARD“ for my Mac, I was told that this will fix the problem. So I have now ordered one for my make and model of Mac.

Ebay was the place where I purchased my ”Metal Graphics Card.” for £138.00 so it’s on its way. Other makes and models of Mac’s are there, and can be more or less in price.

As usual, put in all your computer spec, when searching for your Pacific MacBook Pro 13 Metal Graphics Card. Watch the YouTube videos on “How to upgrade to a metal graphics card“ or something like that! I hope you’re successful with the journey of your choice. As I’m hoping that the journey of my choice leads me to having a “PLAYHEAD“ in Logic Pro X on Catalina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.