Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asemon38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Northeast Pennsylvania
Anyone else having an issue on Apple TV 4K with connecting to your TV provider? I was having no issues since purchasing the device over a year ago. However, the last few months it would sporadically log out of my TV provider account. Today it logged me out again, but this time it will not let me log back in. Keeps throwing an error message "Invalid Login Name or Password. Please Try Again".

I am able to use the login just fine on apps with any of my other devices (ie: iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad, MacBook Pro), as well as on the actual TV provider's website so I know the login credentials are accurate.

Apple was unable to find a solution, despite: software update, device restart, device factory reset, etc. They have escalated the case to the senior engineers but I was wondering if anyone else is running into this problem, and if so, does a solution exist?

munchello

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2015
I am also having this problem with my tv provider login, Sling TV in my case. Username and password are accurate, but TV provider login insists they are incorrect. Maddening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.