Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewfizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
I have bought a ibook g4 laptop offline and when i turn it on it goes to a company login.

I dont know the password and cant go around it. How can i get around this or reforat the mac?

thanks anyone for help

andrewfizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
i dont have the OS cd

i dont have the operating system cd.

do i have to buy the operating system cd?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
andrewfizzle said:
i dont have the operating system cd.

do i have to buy the operating system cd?
If it didn't follow with the Mac (in which case you've been had), yes, I'm afraid you must (unless you know someone with a Mac that can lend you their).

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
Unrelated: Hey Mitt, "Check Spelling As You Type" is a function built into OS X... you don't need a 3rd party application.

andrewfizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
so 10.4 version for 120$ is my only option?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
andrewfizzle said:
Unless you can use the EDU store, I'm afraid so...

Of course you could probably pick up Panther (10.3) used for much, much less online (places like eBay, Craigslist, here at MR, etc).

Blackheart said:
Unrelated: Hey Mitt, "Check Spelling As You Type" is a function built into OS X... you don't need a 3rd party application.
With Firefox you do... :(

But the trade off is good since it hasn't crashed once since I switched back... Safari crashed several times a day on some of my favourite sites. Firefox is more forgiving when it comes to shady web programming... ;)

And SpellBound is quite nice... ;)

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
andrewfizzle said:

That's the only "retail" option. If you were to find a 10.3 or 10.2 on eBay or craigslist.org then I see no reason why one of those wouldn't suit you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.