Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juanj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me.

I have purchased a Logitech Circle View Doorbell. (amazon)
I have a MacBook Pro m1pro, 2022 with Mac OS 13
iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 16

The device is "seen" when trying to add (NFC?)
Is it correct you can only add it with my iPhone, I can't add the device through Mac OS (the option to add Accesoiry is missing on the Home app)
But when I try to add the doorbell to my home, it gives the error " accessory not found" after some time
Searched on google, and this forum, but no solution for me.
The doorbell is connected through micro usb with my MacBook, its now flashing orange/yellow.
Tried several solutions, but nothing is working
I had once the Circle View Doorbell, turning green, but also then it would not connect to Homekit
Should you be able to add the device to Homekit, with only the micro usb cable, should it provide enough power?
I tried to reset the device, but there is also no indication that it's being reset.

What does al the light indicators mean?
I guess it Green light should be ok, but it doesn't connect, and it doesn't connect when its yellow
I have read it could be related to firewall router settings, wifi 2,4ghz or 5 ghz
Should I be able to connect on 4G of LTE?

I really hope somebody can help, or I need to return the device, that would be very disappointing...

Greetings

Juan

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa

Start there. There's a section called "What do the Status LED indicators on the Circle View Doorbell mean?" that can help you interpret the LED indicators.

Yes, you must use your iPhone to add it to HomeKit since it has a code to scan with the camera. Once added, if LED is green and you see "No Response" in HomeKit, turn your attention to your network. Devices must be able to see each other on the network (Isolation mode disabled on routers/APs). Hope this gives you a place to start.

Juanj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hi dotme, i will check that.

But how to find "isolation mode" on my router/ap? where to search in the settings?
I'm using an M4 Deco with my ISP router

Last edited:

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I believe that you require a HomePod or Apple TV as a Home Hub for the Logitech camera to function.

To add to your Home, achieved via the Home App & Add Accessories then scan the QR code which should have come with the camera itself.

Reactions: Arran

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
The doorbell is connected through micro usb with my MacBook, its now flashing orange/yellow.
It may be your MacBook can't supply enough power? The doorbell needs more power than you'd think. I had to replace my old doorbell transformer (which had worked fine for years) with a more powerful one.

Disconnect the doorbell from your MacBook and try powering it from a USB power adapter instead. I think it needs 10W minimum (so 5V at 2A min)

Maybe try a factory reset as well: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/a...How-do-I-reset-my-Circle-View-Doorbell-#house

Reactions: peterolins

Gunner_BR

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Hi dotme, i will check that.

But how to find "isolation mode" on my router/ap? where to search in the settings?
I'm using an M4 Deco with my ISP router
i JuanJ!

Did you manage to solve the Doorbell problem?

Can you help me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.