Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I kind of gave up on the Combo Touch a couple of months ago due to the glitches I’ve described. I do own the Apple Magic Keyboard folio, but really miss the larger trackpad and the function keys of the Combo touch.

So, why did I dig it out? Well I’m trying to resist the “siren song” of the M2 MacBook Air, that of course has the keyboard attributes that I miss on the Apple MK folio;) Yes, yes I know “apples and oranges” re: iOS vs. OS. But I’m mainly concerned with keyboard functionality.

I have contacted Logitech and they said I’ll get a response soon. I’ve tried to check if I have the latest firmware, their Logi Keyboard App. Says I do have the latest, but the text in the up to date notice is greyed out. Not sure what that means.

Anyone out there have any ideas or a fix?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Try: open the Logitech keyboard app. touch and hold Q+W+E and then touch the option key on the image of the keyboard showing in the Logitech Control app - not on the physical keyboard - to reload the firmware. This should fix the problems… at least till the next OS update - I assume, that you followed the typical Logitech suggestions, like cleaning the contacts, checked wether the case is put on properly, … yadayada 😀

When it works, sell it or give it to a family member in need and get the M2 MB Air 🤜🤛😆

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Try: open the Logitech keyboard app. touch and hold Q+W+E and then touch the option key on the image of the keyboard showing in the Logitech Control app - not on the physical keyboard - to reload the firmware. This should fix the problems… at least till the next OS update - I assume, that you followed the typical Logitech suggestions, like cleaning the contacts, checked wether the case is put on properly, … yadayada 😀

When it works, sell it or give it to a family member in need and get the M2 MB Air 🤜🤛😆
I’ll give it a try and let the forum know if it works. Many thanks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.