Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

I purchased the new iPad Pro 12.9 inch and got the Logitech Combo Touch to go with it.

I am noticing that the secondary click does not work exactly like on the Magic Keyboard.

On the Magic Keyboard, you can place your two fingers anywhere on the trackpad in any orientation (fingers can be horizontal or vertical).

On the Logitech Combo Touch, your fingers must be horizontal (aka. normal hand position). If you try to position your fingers vertically (hand off to the side) it does not register the secondary click.

I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this? Is this intended behavior?

Thanks!

3ps14

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
I am noticing the same, I just received my Combo Touch and noticed that the two fingers have to be on the same horizontal line in order for it to register the secondary click. I have not tried a iPad Magic Folio, but my coming from MacOS, it does not have the same experience as you have noted.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I am noticing the same, I just received my Combo Touch and noticed that the two fingers have to be on the same horizontal line in order for it to register the secondary click. I have not tried a iPad Magic Folio, but my coming from MacOS, it does not have the same experience as you have noted.
I knew I wasn‘t crazy. Thanks for providing feedback! I am wondering if this could be fixed with a firmware update. I did let Logitech know of this problem but I never heard back.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Hi,

I purchased the new iPad Pro 12.9 inch and got the Logitech Combo Touch to go with it.

I am noticing that the secondary click does not work exactly like on the Magic Keyboard.

On the Magic Keyboard, you can place your two fingers anywhere on the trackpad in any orientation (fingers can be horizontal or vertical).

On the Logitech Combo Touch, your fingers must be horizontal (aka. normal hand position). If you try to position your fingers vertically (hand off to the side) it does not register the secondary click.

I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this? Is this intended behavior?

Thanks!

Ok I’ve read about this issue somewhere before. I‘ve never encountered it because as soon as I got the Combo Touch I enabled Tap to Click (I hate to go through the effort of clicking every second ?).
Switching off Tap To Click off I can see what you’re talking about, I’m having the same ”issue”.

Consider your options, but I’d suggest you to try to enable Tap to Click (Settings/General/Trackpad) and the second click will work with your fingers anywhere on the Trackpad. You will save yourself some clicking effort and prolong the trackpad’s life.

Reactions: jazz1

carloshacecosas

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2021
I‘ve noticed exactly the same with mine, but I have another problem on top.

My trackpad randomly stops responding, and I have to touch a key on the keyboard (or connect it and disconnect it) to make it work again. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a span of minutes, while other times it takes hours.

I exchanged it for a new one at the Apple Store today, but this one is doing exactly the same.

Those two issues are making me think on just going the Magic Keyboard route. I like the protection and versatility of the Combo Touch, but issues like those are killing it for me.

Last edited:

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Ok I’ve read about this issue somewhere before. I‘ve never encountered it because as soon as I got the Combo Touch I enabled Tap to Click (I hate to go through the effort of clicking every second ?).
Switching off Tap To Click off I can see what you’re talking about, I’m having the same ”issue”.

Consider your options, but I’d suggest you to try to enable Tap to Click (Settings/General/Trackpad) and the second click will work with your fingers anywhere on the Trackpad. You will save yourself some clicking effort and prolong the trackpad’s life.
I was reading this and thought you were crazy as I already had tap to click enabled.

However, after testing the tap to click with two fingers versus the physical click you are right. If you tap to click with two fingers it works anywhere. If you do a physical click (which I am use to doing on the magic keyboard), they have to be on the same horizontal plane.

I have an active ticket with Logitech and I will relay this info. Either way, it seems like the physical click should work like the Magic Keyboard.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: slplss

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
I’m finding three finger swipe into multitasking to be very hit and miss (keeps opening search instead), sent the first one back and replacement does the same. Thinking about returning this one now.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I just upgraded the firmware on the keyboard using the Logitech app. Seems like it works a lot better now!

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
The Combo case with iPad Pro 11 (1st + 2nd gen) version should be compatible with 3rd gen right? I know the newest model have compatibility for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but the one before is much cheaper here in Denmark.

I like the "Surface" concept and thinking of buying one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.