Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I’d like to use this gear on my lap while couch surfing. But even my largest lap desk barely accommodated the flip-out stand portion of the Logitech Combo Touch. The flap almost falls off the outmost edge of the lap top desk, and to get it to fit I have to keep the iPad’s screen at a very, very shallow angle.

Yes I have Apple’s Official Magic Keyboard, but find the trackpad to small, and of course the Logitech Combo Touch has an upper row of key caps that physically control screen brightness, volume, etc. I hate to have to keep popping out the iPad from the Combo Touch as my original Combo Touch’s rubberized frame showed wear and tear almost immediately. I’m using a warranty replacement from Logitech right now.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have the exact same setup - M1 12.9, the Logi case, and the MKB. I also ran into this issue - my laptop desk being too small for the Logi. I found the large footprint of the Logi to be problematic in other places, too. It's a nice case but I've switched completely to the MKB.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I have the exact same setup - M1 12.9, the Logi case, and the MKB. I also ran into this issue - my laptop desk being too small for the Logi. I found the large footprint of the Logi to be problematic in other places, too. It's a nice case but I've switched completely to the MKB.
I wonder if the next iPad Pro’s Magic keyboards track pad’s rumoured to be larger, will also have control keycaps. Sheesh that upgrade cost all in (rumored) will be scary.:eek:

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I wonder if the next iPad Pro’s Magic keyboards track pad’s rumoured to be larger, will also have control keycaps. Sheesh that upgrade cost all in (rumored) will be scary.:eek:

Yeah, it's one thing to pay for the new tablet, quite another to put more out for the cases, etc.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Yeah, it's one thing to pay for the new tablet, quite another to put more out for the cases, etc.
I hate to say it but if I keep my M1 12.9” iPad, and add a MacBook Air I might have more versatility. I’ll have to price them out once the new iPad gets released.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I hate to say it but if I keep my M1 12.9” iPad, and add a MacBook Air I might have more versatility. I’ll have to price them out once the new iPad gets released.

Along with my M1 12.9, I have a 16GB i7 Surface Pro 7. With those two, I'll be skipping upgrades for a while - the ROI wouldn't be worth it. And I'm a retired s/w-h/w engineer who upgrades tech toys at the drop of a hat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.