Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lajollaguy

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
The news says that the Crayon will work on the latest iPad pros, not the first iteration..

However, my brand new Logitech Crayon will NOT work on my new iPad Pro. It will work on my new mini.
T

lajollaguy

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
No don't avoid it. I didn't realize the crayon and apple pencil are mutually exclusive. If you have a pencil paired, the crayon won't work. Just forget the apple pencil in bluetooth, and the crayon pops to life. Since I use apps like note shelf 2, the tap to erase feature on the pencil is valuable, but the "universal" crayon has it's own value.
[doublepost=1553992382][/doublepost]btw, I am referring to the new 11in iPad Pro, not the earlier one.

Reactions: sracer

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
No don't avoid it. I didn't realize the crayon and apple pencil are mutually exclusive. If you have a pencil paired, the crayon won't work. Just forget the apple pencil in bluetooth, and the crayon pops to life. Since I use apps like note shelf 2, the tap to erase feature on the pencil is valuable, but the "universal" crayon has it's own value.
[doublepost=1553992382][/doublepost]btw, I am referring to the new 11in iPad Pro, not the earlier one.
Crayon now works on the 11" iPad Pro, but you need iOS 12.2.

However, I don't think it works on the older iPad Pros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.