Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
I tried to order a Create keyboard directly from Logitech a week ago, and at that time there was no mention of when it would ship, but also no mention of any delays. Now the Logitech website as well as the Apple Store say 4-5 weeks, and Amazon Germany says 5-7.

Anyone know if this is just the case for non-English keyboards, or is the situation just as poor in the US and UK?

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
meh, i walked right into an apple store here in LA on thursday last week and picked up one. they had several there.

there are quite a few apple stores in LA and when i was initially looking for one online at apple dot com there were at least 3-4 stores that had stock on wednesday night prior!

the oem apple keyboard i have read about is more rarer but i was not even considering that once i saw the logitech... 123456789loik.jpg

Reactions: Ciclismo

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
I'm just a wee bit concerned that I emailed Logitech and the response I got mentioned everything EXCEPT a planned shipping date.

FinalLogic

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
FYI - I returned mine after three days.

The keyboard is ok, but it randomly drops keys if you type too fast. Also, the plastic enclosure feels cheap as hell, and the volume "buttons" on the case are super sticky and awful.

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
i type really fast and i have not experienced your issues.

you must not have tried the oem keyboard case. its build quality is less.

to each his or her own of course. I absolutely love the logitech and it exceeds my expectations for such an accessory.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Seems that the German keyboards won't be available for a while. I asked Logitech when they expect to ship and they don't even have a rough timeframe yet, which is rather frustrating as I need a solution soon.

I've now asked them to cancel my order and will need to go with plan B, which is to go with a Bluetooth keyboard and a case that doubles as a stand.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
Why? Going Oem?
It was exactly what I wanted in a keyboard but not in a case. I knew I wouldn't like the bulk but the deal breaker for me is how difficult it is to get the iPad in and out of it and how it wasn't particularly comfortable to use as a regular tablet. I was either going to have to carry around the bulky case all the time or fight with it whenever I wanted to use the keyboard. I hope they improve the case aspects in the next model because the actual keyboard really is great.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Like the poster above said, what attracted me to the smart keyboard is now easy it is to take off when not needed. The Create case is great when it's on, even though bulky, but its cumbersome to remove and use just the ipad. Given that the cost is close, I prefer the keys on the Apple one, and that I have an easier way to use the warranty on it if something comes up.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
Seems that the German keyboards won't be available for a while. I asked Logitech when they expect to ship and they don't even have a rough timeframe yet, which is rather frustrating as I need a solution soon.

I've now asked them to cancel my order and will need to go with plan B, which is to go with a Bluetooth keyboard and a case that doubles as a stand.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-29 um 07.07.07.png

The black one with german layout is in stock at Amazon.

In the Apple store it's 3-4 weeks (blue) 2-3 weeks (black) 1-2 weeks (red).

http://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/create-ipad-pro-keyboard?crid=1221

The black one seems to be available too directly from Logitech. For other colors they say only preorder. And they have one color more than apple.

The black one with black instead of silver keyboard on Amazon and Logitech seems to be new. It's not available in the Apple Store. It's also labeled with logi in the middle and not Logitech on the right side and looks better. :)

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-29 um 07.26.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-29 um 07.26.51.png

Maybe they do a redesign for the other colors too and that's why it is not available.

Last edited:

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
The one I picked up at Best Buy yesterday was marked Logi too. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet as I won't have my Pro until January. Wonder what's different?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.