Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
I recently bough the
MX Master 3
MX Keys (sweet keyboard)

I have both connected via Bluetooth.

Occasionally 1 or both of them will fail to be able to wakeup my Mac from sleep. Usually power cycling the mouse or keyboard works.
From what I have been googling a lot of people are pointing at Catalina/Logitech compatibility issues.

Any one else have Logitech bluetooth devices and can offer any tips? Do you ever have the issue. I do not think it is device specific.

TIA

Logi_Oli

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2020
Hi udflyer,

are you using the latest version of Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287)? When the issue occurs, if you wake-up your Mac with the Mac embedded touchpad / embedded keyboard or with the other device, do you see your device as "connected" in the Mac's Bluetooth Preference? Could you delete your Mac’s Bluetooth Preference List and see if that helps?

Logi_Oli

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Experiencing the same thing, though very rarely, MX Keys (+1 for being a sweet keyboard) and the MX Master 2

I will try the above when it happens again.

Last edited:

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi udflyer,

are you using the latest version of Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287)? When the issue occurs, if you wake-up your Mac with the Mac embedded touchpad / embedded keyboard or with the other device, do you see your device as "connected" in the Mac's Bluetooth Preference? Could you delete your Mac’s Bluetooth Preference List and see if that helps?

Logi_Oli

Thanks I will give this a try.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Just following up. Logitech Support ticket was opened and while appreciate the reply they suggested I just keep trying different versions of Logitech options SW...... Just thought I would share

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
They did that to me too! So a little background, when I got my first MX Master 2 I tried to set it up bluetooth to my PC and it was a horrible experience but I was a bit stubborn as I didn't want to take up a USB port for something so simple. Logitech said the same thing, go back 1 version of the Options software. This was better but did not fix it so I went to the unifying receiver and have very few stutters now but still have them occasionally. On the MBP side I was very concerned the same thing would happen and I did not want to have the unifying receiver dongled 24/7 so I tried it bluetooth and it was flawless.

Go figure!?!?!?!?!

So that is how I use those both my MX Keys and the MX Master 2, unifier on my PC and bluetooth on my MBP, swapping is flawless I just wish the mouse had a switching method on the top side instead of on the bottom.
[automerge]1590181493[/automerge]

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Good to know their support minions have the same script :)

For me on my iMac, the new options sw that dropped this past week has been a lot better. Except they now put up a warning basically saying "Since I use filevault, if I reboot my Mac , bluetooth keyboard will not work until after login"

WTH... They say the dongle will work. So now I need a 2nd keyboard laying around just for reboots or I need to switch to dongle....

dooyou

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Munich
Could any of you solve the problem in the meantime? Same situation now with me, mx keys and mx master 2 and sometimes the mouse doesn't wake up after standby. I have to reconnect the mouse in the bluetooth settings but i need a second mouse to do that ... what a joke.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Lately I have had no issues, wake up seems to work consistently, takes a bit of time but it works with both the mouse and keyboard, running the latest OS.

Crash0veride

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Cincinnati
MX Keys and MX Master 3, had same issues for a while. It seems to be much improved after the latest Logitech options update (a month or so ago). Waking from sleep still isn't great over bluetooth but works consistently with the unifying receiver for me (just wish the receiver range was as good as bluetooth). A lot less stuttering though.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
I've used Logitech wireless mouses for many years. I now have an MX Master mouse. I do not use BT, in fact I have turned BT off. I use the Logitech Unifying Receiver. Years ago when I first started using Logitech wireless devices I did have trouble maintaining a connection. my "fix" was to put the unifying receiver at the end of a USB cable and taping it to the surface under my mouse pad extension beside my KB. I don't know if that's still necessary, but it has worked for me forever.

Lou

tummytree2000

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2017
The receiver has always sucked for Mac. I've been at this little game since they first introduced the dongle. It lacks consistency, never noticed a range/strength issue thou that may explain some past pains.

I had the same issue as the main post of this thread. I use the mx master 3 and k811 keyboard, both via bluetooth. I solved the waking issue by deleting the options app. No more issues.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
So reporting in on the latest issues: (2017 MBP 15" in Clamshell, MXKeys, MX Master 2 both via BT)

1) Waking with the MXM2 mouse (BT) either doesn't work or takes a very long time, waking from keyboard is nearly instant.

2) A new issue cropped up, I have 2 bootable partitions, Catalina and Mojave. Originally my keyboard and mouse were paired to just the Catalina side and worked 99%. I recently booted up the Mojave side and paired both devices (under the same ID number as the Catalina side) to it thinking it pairs to the hardware not the OS but I may have been wrong about that as now I have intermittent issues where when coming out of sleep one or the other device doesn't see the MBP, mostly the keyboard. I am forced to reboot when this happens. I guess I should have assumed this would happen but....

For those that don't know these Logitech devices can hot swap between computers and I have mine setup as follows:

1) PC
2) MBP
3) iPP

Last edited:

SturdyOldOak

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2021
I know this is an old thread but this issue was so annoying that wanted to leave this workaround here. It seems like the this has something to do with the "Logitech Options" software. They still haven't fixed this issue in the main version of the software but it does appear to be fixed in the beta version of the upcoming "Logitech Options+". I recommend uninstalling Logitech Options and signing up for Logitech Options+ here. Hope this helps.

3DXmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2018
São Paulo
Support has already shipped 3 keyboards and this crap has this problem. The keyboard only works via bluetooth when the driver is loaded. And the dongle garbage is terrible, it fails all the time. Same for the mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.