Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rudo.ba

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
I have been using the Satechi SLIM W1 wired USB keyboard with the M2 Pro Mac mini with Ventura for about half a year without any problems. I bought a new wired mouse yesterday, namely Logitech G102. I have everything USB, I don't want to deal with any pairing or charging.

After every restart, a message now appears that the Satechi keyboard could not be identified, and it offers three dialogs where I click on the keys next to both shifts and choose the region (US, EU, Japan). I set this once when I first connected the keyboard, and then it didn't ask anything for half a year. Only now after connecting the Logitech mouse. When I plug the old Genius mouse back in, everything is back to normal. If I connect the Logitech while the computer is running, a message about the Satechi keyboard immediately appears...

The mouse and keyboard otherwise work properly, only the repetitive dialog is annoying.

Is there anything I can do about it other than returning a new mouse?

PS: please ignore this, i reread this message carefully - was about Logitech not identified and if it is not a new keyboard, click cancel. Now no new messages are displayed and both devices working OK (but i think it was different message yesterday which mentioned Satechi...)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.