Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bellis1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
I just had to post to tell everyone how much I love this thing. How can anyone live with a one button mouse?

I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.

And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.

And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?

No wait, 8 buttons because I forgot left and right click. Wow.

And the thing feels great in your hand. The batteries last for days, maybe a week. And the tracking is very accurate and work os just about anything but glass. It really is a sweet little mouse.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
bellis1 said:
I just had to post to tell everyone how much I love this thing. How can anyone live with a one button mouse?

I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.

And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.

And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?

No wait, 8 buttons because I forgot left and right click. Wow.

And the thing feels great in your hand. The batteries last for days, maybe a week. And the tracking is very accurate and work os just about anything but glass. It really is a sweet little mouse.

WOW

sound like a nice mouse but it has a bit of a high price tag :(

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Logitech MX Laser

I also agree with the first post that this mouse is very nice with multiple bottons and accurate tracking. I boutht it at Staples and I paid $59 as they were on sales. I think other main retailors are selling at over $70.

I am thinking about getting the second one for my other PB.

keithpetey

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2004
apple mouse

i have the logitech mx700 and an apple optical mouse. i actually prefer the mac mouse. everyone bashes it but i think its so elegant and sleek. i also like the simplicity of it. i think i prefer using one button mice now. i dont think i ever got used to using like 10 or so buttons on the mx700. i used to use pc's for the past 7 years or so. i used a pc earlier and caught myself trying to control click everything instead of right click.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
i bought myself an Logitech V500 a few months back to accompany my future Powerbook. apart from the wireless USB thing its perfect. but its sooo small and i think it has the highest DPI for any infrared mouse too, but dont quote me on that (and that was back in october).
ive had it since october, use it every single day for an hour approx and the battery is still in 'good' rating! i never knew wireless mice were so battery-friendly. man i bought 8 AAA batteries expecting it to eat through them but at this rate these will last me till a G5 PB ;)

logitech are very good with mice. kudos to them

oh and subl1me; its an amazing mouse, probably wouldnt use it for desktop PC/Mac use but for portables... yea... highly recommended.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I do like my Logitech MX 700 and I would never go back to one button but... as with many things these days (hope I don't sound old) but the logitech lacks build quality. For example the silver paint on the body/buttons is rubbing off and so it looks a bit battered. The charger unit has its moments when the mouse just doesn't want to charge. And to us Brits the power adapter is wired in upside down.

subl1me

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
oh and subl1me; its an amazing mouse, probably wouldnt use it for desktop PC/Mac use but for portables... yea... highly recommended.

nice...thanks for feedback on that....can't wait 'til mine ships!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.