Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
Does anyone reading this own the 'new' Logitech mx1000. If so, lemme know what its like... I'm thinkin about adding one to the mini that i'm about to buy... lemme know what you guys think about it... and the mousepad that you're using w/ it if you think that it makes a difference...

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
There's a new mx1000? What's new about it... I've been really interested in that mouse...lotsa buttons=lotsa fun. Anybody know if they could be customized for FCP??

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
pdpfilms said:
There's a new mx1000?

Maybe my post was a little misleading... i meant Logitech's newest input device the mx1000... my bad... and also i'd like to see some pics or something w/ the new FCP Keyboard in them... and to hear about how it is...

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
so, since you own it how do you feel about it? What was the last mouse you used and how does it compare? What is your honest opinion about its battery life and tracking ability? What mouse pad are you using if its something other than your normal average joe mousepad. I was thinking about getting this mousepad if it'll make a difference. Just lemme know...

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
I have this mouse and it is the absoltue best mouse I have ever owned or tried. Very smooth, use on a pad, off a pad, use it from 20 ft away on a hardwood floor (I have tried it!!)
It has a rechargeable battery that lasts forever, is EXTREMELY comfortable in your hand and has a multitude of controls at your fingertips. (scroll wheel up and down as well as left and right, a button that works like the command+tab button feature, etc. All are programable via a system preference. Best of all, it was recognized as soon as I plugged it in.
Can't say enough about it, well worth the $79.

blue_monkey

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
i totally agree! those 79 $ were probably the most well spent 79$ i've ever spent..! (at least for a mouse! ;) )

if u have the money, buy it! i love it and i'm never gonna use any other mouse!!

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
mojohanna said:
I have this mouse and it is the absoltue best mouse I have ever owned or tried. Very smooth, use on a pad, off a pad, use it from 20 ft away on a hardwood floor (I have tried it!!)
It has a rechargeable battery that lasts forever, is EXTREMELY comfortable in your hand and has a multitude of controls at your fingertips. (scroll wheel up and down as well as left and right, a button that works like the command+tab button feature, etc. All are programable via a system preference. Best of all, it was recognized as soon as I plugged it in.
Can't say enough about it, well worth the $79.

Me Too! Me Too! I've got one and it's super. Was using a Kensington Track pad but just couldn't get it's 4 buttons working correctly. Went back to the Apple "hockey puck" and boy was it painfull. Finally a mouse with lft/rt buttons; scroll wheel; and more. Feels great in the hand, BTW I'm right handed so can't comment bout lefties. LED's for battery are a very nice touch. Holds a charge for a long time. This mouse is soooooo coool. The only way they could make it better would be if it were BT. I wish, my G5 has BT. Considered the Logitech MX 900 but it doesn't specifically say that it supports OSX. MX 1000 does support OSX. Great mouse. The only other mouse I'm so enthusiastic about is the BenQ M310. It's a laptop mouse and I got it for my wife's iBook. Boy, this is another "slick" mouse. Highly recommend if you've got a laptop that doesn't have BT. If you've got a laptop and it has BT you might want to look at the RadTech BT 500. Cheers

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
I have a Mx 1000 too, and as everyone else has said, it is the best mouse I have ever used. It glides effortlessly on my desk and is very accurate and smooth. At first, it sees a little big and heavy, but you get used to it because it is very comfortable. According to logitech's site, the battery lasts 21 days. I haven't timed it, but that is about how long it lasts for me. Amazon had the cheapest price when I ordered it. Check there. It is a bit expensive, but it's worth every penny.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
I use the MX1000 and it's a great mouse. I also use a Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical (has 2 optical sensors), which is much better for quick response use (ie games), but for general desktop use I prefer the MX1000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.